What resource packs do you suggest for RMMV and how do they go with RTP?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by JustinK, Apr 9, 2018.

1. JustinK

JustinK Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there,

Like the title says I'm looking to buy resource packs (mainly because I cannot create anything myself), but what I'm wondering is, what are the most sold ones and which ones go best with RTP? The games I will make are usually just the medieval JRPG games, so I do not need any School/Horror/WRPG resource packs. I have also seen the post which states what resource packs go with each other, but what I want to know is, when I buy let's say, a time-fantasy pack, can you clearly see they are different from the defaults?
    I hope this is enough information, if not, feel free to ask me anything!

Greetings,

JustinK

2. Alexander Hawksmoor

Alexander Hawksmoor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Time fantasy is in a whole other tileset category when it comes to looks. I would recommend the Fsm tilesets if you're looking for something that you can use the rtp with. There are two packs out right now for it, and a 3rd one is on its way out soon so its a fairly flexible tileset.

3. DeviTheHuman

DeviTheHuman (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's a thread that talks about which graphics pack works with the MV RTP. Anything made for VX/Ace may work with MV too, but you'll have to resize the images unless you use Shaz's conversion plugin that changes MV so it can use 32x32 px resources.

GuanyuMaker likes this.
  4. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm a fan of the FSM, and you can typically adjust the saturation levels of the RTP to supplement where needed. Very well put together.