What RPG Maker SAKAN Desperately Needs

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Storyteller-Hero, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Storyteller-Hero

Storyteller-Hero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So currently as of this post, RPG Maker SAKAN is neither intuitive nor convenient.

Instead of building a custom tile set by copy-pasting multiple parts from imported tile sets onto a blank canvas, the builder forces the user to replace one tile at a time on an existing tile set, and exporting/saving + re-importing the tile set every time the user wants to change another tile on the sheet.

So what SAKAN desperately needs to be worth recommending for its interface:

1. Blank tile sheet canvas where ALL desired individual pieces from loaded tile sets can be stamped on BEFORE exporting.

2. The ability to have DLC and custom tile sets loaded without having to open a MV project (after already opening a MV project).

(IMO Sakan is still worth purchasing on discount for the tiles that it contains, in case anyone is wondering.)

2. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I agree with you suggestions, but also this point. I think some people give SAKAN some stick, but I found it really useful when I want to just swap over a few tiles and I need to be sure they're correctly aligned, and the furniture/decor pieces that it comes with are as "worth it" as any RTP DLC tileset.