What scripts are you planning to make for RPG Maker MV? (for collaborative purposes)

wizard3103

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, since I`m new to JS, I can still do some simple work. I probably will start with a "Give your Protagonist a name" script or something like that. Cannot be too difficult I hope ;)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, since I`m new to JS, I can still do some simple work. I probably will start with a "Give your Protagonist a name" script or something like that. Cannot be too difficult I hope ;)
That is already an event command.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, Change Actor Name is an event command in XP, VX and Ace.  I'm not sure about the earlier engines.

If you want some simple scripts/plugins to work on, take a look through the RGSS3 Script Requests and RGSSx Script Support forums for SMALL requests or where a small snippet of code has been provided as a solution.  Also the Ruby/RGSSx Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread thread.  You might get a lot of ideas for "little" things from those areas.

wizard3103

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Alright, perhaps I can do a "life leech" effect for weapons, if this is not included in MV (at least it wasn`t in VX Ace, I guess).

When I`m thinking correctly, all I have to do for life leech is multiply the damage done with a normal attack by a variable percentage and add this to the current hp of the actor attacking, or am I somehow overlooking some more difficult aspect there?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't you already do that with damage formula?

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm planning on converting my Windows to pics script. Maybe test out a blinged out animated main menu....test the boumdries of JS, engine and how it handles a lot of pics in general.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
i'm new to JS... so i doubt i can convert all my script to MV at the beginning. but i will learn by looking at other scripter first by looking at their plugin (like i first did in ACE). and hopefully i can convert some of my scripts eventually.

if i have ability to convert it... what i will put priority to convert from my scripts which most likely not created by other scripter like EST - Living Status, EST - Battle Royale and EST - Actor Enemy and maybe EST - Build and Decor script series (clone event, move them, decorate, build building, event size, extra xy trigger)

but if there's someone who want to create any those scripts... feel free to do that. and i will convert another scripts that not created yet :D .

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is anyone considering writing a multilanguage-addon? something that moves all vocabs and show texts to external files to be based on language?

From the first post summary, no one does yet - but translating a finished game is a lot more work than having the translation prepared from the beginning, so such a plugin would be of interest to a lot of people.

I have some ideas in that direction myself, but I can't write everything I want at once, and would much prefer if someone else either plans to write one or would be sharing the work...

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The first page isn't up-to-date, but i plan on converting most, if not all of my scripts, which would include Localization (although i haven't done the export part, yet). Mind that i'll be using JSON for the text files, which is easier to read than Ruby hashes, but still a bit harder than simple text files you'll find in other scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't checked JSON, but I considered table-based files like perhaps CSV that could be edited in Calc or Excel, with one column per language.

But if someone is already working on a multi-language plugin of any kind, I'll probably adapt that and concentrate on scripts I have to write myself...

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ill probably allow you to save your characters and your progress to a third party server that I designed that allows you to import right from there. I also be building a way to export your characters and progress to JSON. and Ill be building a new more advanced damage formula library for the community.

Sigmma

Dragon's Fire
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hey guys, some one wants a  REAL TIME BATTLE SYTEM?? 

I'm really need this script and i can pay for a good one!

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A couple more scripts I thought of over the last week is a more intelligent AI, watch it make choices (possibly side view only). Add new Stats that actually affect battle. Hit chance % and the last one is an alchemy system similar to that of Alterier system and Ogre Tactics. These will all be using a lot of third party libraries to create UX and to help not reinvent the wheel. Not sure if I will release them here to the community.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These will all be using a lot of third party libraries to create UX and to help not reinvent the wheel.
What libraries are you planning on using? Most 3rd party libraries are just unnecessary bloat in terms of RMMV. Since MV will be different from your typical web page, I think it'd be better to just write the content you want in an MV-specific context.

For example, you previously posted somewhere about a UI you were working on using ReactJS. The minified version of React alone, without any addons, is 133KB. That seems very unnecessary for a plugin to function. I'm willing to bet you don't use all 133KB of that, so it would be better for you to remake the parts you need.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I thought of another script. One I would like see that isnt major is a patching system of some kind. In the past there have been concepts of this but they fell apart very quickly. With steam and the webs it would be cool if we could patch the games in stead of deploying whole new systems.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought of another script. One I would like see that isnt major is a patching system of some kind. In the past there have been concepts of this but they fell apart very quickly. With steam and the webs it would be cool if we could patch the games in stead of deploying whole new systems.
With Steam, patching is unnecessary. Without it, there were plenty of scripts that worked on Ace. We can just port one of those.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
With Steam, patching is unnecessary. Without it, there were plenty of scripts that worked on Ace. We can just port one of those.
I thought of this after I posted it. I wont be posting on steam because that place is full of trolls (off topic) So I will probably just make a patching system then :D

noctiluca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The one script I made in VX Ace is a SaGa-like character growth system (character stats grow based on a combination of actions taken, class, innate potentials, and enemy difficulty) and I am thinking of porting it or retooling it to be more customizable.

Since it's mostly formulas customized by the user plus taking data from notes, it would be easy-ish to port, but I don't know how easy/difficult it will be to add more features or adjust the victory scene for side view... I only ever used this script personally as an experiment and I would have to clean it up to make it accessible to other people... I was also trying to find ways to make it a less broken system that didn't rely so much on the RNG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela