KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
You are free to do as you wish. However, I'm working for IGMC at this moment and I'll be going on a hiatus until October. There are some things I like to sort out. Both IRL and with the project itself (the first stages need a lot of fixing).

Last edited by a moderator:

Inmento Riku

Angel of Darkness/Demon of Light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
You are free to do as you wish. However, I'm working for IGMC at this moment and I'll be going on a hiatus until October. There are some things I like to sort out. Both IRL and with the project itself (the first stages need a lot of fixing).
Hiatus is always needed. Trust me, I'm going on one for a week in September. It'll be fun.

And I could always do the playthrough now, without uploading, and then once you've sorted out a few of the things you'd like to fix, I could re-make it (And then just edit in the parts that've been fixed) and then upload. If that'd help?

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd figure that the game is in a decent enough stage for a playthrough. Some people have already done some playthroughs and it run well. Whatever problems I saw in them, I fixed. The remaining problems might be some grammar issues, or the need for some refining in the gameplay and execution. Nothing major will change.

Inmento Riku

Angel of Darkness/Demon of Light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I'd figure that the game is in a decent enough stage for a playthrough. Some people have already done some playthroughs and it run well. Whatever problems I saw in them, I fixed. The remaining problems might be some grammar issues, or the need for some refining in the gameplay and execution. Nothing major will change.
Alright. 

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I had promised a review for this a long time ago. Well, I finally managed to play it to the end, so I can say a few things.
First of all: From the perspective of a fellow maker, this has some incredible features. Every kind of puzzles, a 3D maze, very detailed environments (although you're often in the dark so you don't notice it that much), nice sound effects and much more.
The story is a little complicated and the demo doesn't explain it completely. You control an ordinary character in a not so ordinary situation, which I won't go into much detail.
The game is not really scary (and doesn't try to be), but it's dark and death can be hidden in any shadow. (I've probably died over 15 times while playing the demo). It reminds me a lot of FIEND, and old game from the same creators of Amnesia (IIRC).
Puzzles are not that complicated, but I managed to get stuck on them a few times because I didn't realize what I was supposed to do. I also found a bug that ended up breaking one of the puzzles (I did things in an order that KanaX didn't antecipate), but that's already fixed.
I don't know what else to say, as I'm not very good with reviews, but this is a great game and completely worth my time. Looking forward to the full version.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mind if I give this game a go on stream?

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This was a bit belated! Sorry about that!

When would be best for you?

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I believe that is up to you. I would like to be present during the stream to accumulate comments/grievances etc, but ultimately, it's your playtime.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Indeed; I must also know when you free, as I am open for most times. Anytime in the afternoon or evening Sunday would be fine.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
"Afternoon" is kind of subjective, when you live on the other side of the planet. It would really help me out to set it in a matter of hours and/or days.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I live in Central Standard Time; about 1-30 am at the time of this message. (and on like 28 hours no sleep, to boot); I'm currently free all week  except Tuesday.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Twelve hours? o.o

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi!

Sorry for being so late! I set my alarm to stream around that time and my body just said "Nope". .___.

I'm free for the rest of the night if you're able; if not, Monday is wide open as well.

Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
A bit of a review as I play.

Issues I've found so far (In rough chronological order):

*Hand question didn't make sense, the hand raised from the dolls perspective is the left hand. The mirrored doll taht appears later has it's right hand raised. This is very confusing. 

*The pole Jack gets stuck on after the first save point as he has fallen down through the broken floor can be activated from the left, this "animates" to show a brief frame of something else from the character sheet where the graphic came from. 

*Odd behaviour in the thoughts menu, seem to have frozen. My steps to reproduce: 1, Enable the upper right "golden" trigger thing. Enabling the right platform to move towards you. 2, Walk up to the middle between the triggers there will be a game prompt telling you about puzzles. 3, Go first to the section with items to read about Rope. Enable rope as item/read description, not sure which. 4, Go to thoughts in the menu. The game froze for me at this point.

Thoughts:
Would love to see this make use of higher resolutions. A lot of the awesome work feels wasted on the small RPGMVXA screen. The game is genuinely getting on my nerves which is rare for games at all these days. It's slow, psychological and moderately disturbing. I love that you are taking your time to slowly setup the narrative. Really love how you are thrown into the action quite immedietly and then whisked away. I've had some genuine fun so far, going to follow this through 'til it's current endpoint.

Cheers!
-Mireneye

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much for your time! I also thank you for noticing those bugs.

I hope you had fun.

Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much for your time! I also thank you for noticing those bugs.

I hope you had fun.
It's really well thought out and I'm enjoying it (mostly). I will keep updating with things I find as I'm half playing to enjoy half playing to help find bugs and glitches, inconsistencies and report them back. 

NEW:

No reflection in bathroom when cleaning up your stuff?

When the game diliberately crashes post the Mirror being broken, you open up to a blurred screen with the main character all blurred out and blackish. His sprite is imperfect, there's a few stray pixels on this character spritesheet.

2x impassable tiles after remeniscing about life in the mirror. seeing Mom & Dad fight for the first (only?) time? Posted a picture with the rough outline.

When you get the prompt "Use your secret to ... (something) renter"  If you go to your bedroom, go into the mirror world and head stright back through the mirror resulted in black screen for me that I can't get past. I can still get to the menu. 

Don't know if by design but when entering the "renter" apartment in the mirror world the character upon getting to the map is facing left instead or right.

After the renters phone call rings you go into the Mirror world again to find the source. Most doors report that they are locked except the one furthest to the right but still aligned up. (not to the right). It shows no message at all. I did go there previously in an earlier Mirror world event where I activated it. I can't remember what happaned then but I believe I was locked out simply.

Collision on the map with the counter where I'm prompted to find a pen in the back room seems severely broken. After the doorway is opened I walked left over and onto the door, after that I could walk on all of the walls and hover about the room for a bit. Not sure what reset me. 

Suggestion: 

On your own apartment "level" (not room). The door furthest to the left will only be triggered a tile away. While others trigger as you stand in front of the door. Make it so the player can stand on the floortile to get the "Door locked" message. Would further add to the polish of the game. Finally a gameplay consideration, maybe you already have a thought behind this but what mirrors are save points and what mirrors can you go through? It's good to have a visual distinction.

Finally thanks for your effort in making this! And best of luck!

ImpassableTiles.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour