What sort of harsh words that are accepted here?

MyNameWontFi

My avatar is actually deep-fried ._.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just asking pls don't kill me for this.

No, I'm not planning to say anything offensive, thought I must say I'm a bit curious about this.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically none - because you don't need to curse in order to tell someone he made a mistake or his work is bad quality.
In this community we encourage real critique, and that depends on facts and not on cursing.

MyNameWontFi

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, that I know. I was referring more to the passive sort of cussing. You're not cursing another person, just cursing in general.

eg:
"I just saw a f***ing ret*rd yesterday".

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a PG-13 site.
Does that answer your question?

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The forum has a censoring program for most of them. If you aren't needlessly vulgar or attacking people you'll probably be left alone about it; but remember there are some kids here as well as a few people who actively despise cursing.

Just be respectful, at the end of the day that transcends habitual speech patterns because it intrensically limits how crass you will naturally get with people.

Azmor

Happy Hobby Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
VNM
I'm not willing to offend you here and I'm definitely not going to patronize you when I say that cursing should not be a part of your everyday language.

If your prone to casual cursing, it's more of a lack of control, self confidence, vocabulary or because of laziness. I would recommend you to meditate on that and read a few books. People will like and understand you more when you use words that are more connected to your heart.

Nevertheless, if it's in your heart to curse, I can only repeat Andar's words about this site.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Considering that the word Damn is auto-corrected here, I'm guessing that nothing even close to a swear word is acceptable. Not sure how the one you saw made it through the filter.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not willing to offend you here and I'm definitely not going to patronize you...

If your prone to casual cursing, it's more of a lack of control, self confidence, vocabulary or because of laziness...

I always find it interesting how whenever one begins their point with "I'm not going to patronize you" they generally will continue on to abase them with every other point they have from then on.

No, not everyone who utters an occasional curse in frustration or in jest is a mental invalid with the self discipline of a newborn puppy. Nor does the tendency intrinsically reveal a lack of intellect or vocabulary. I could say you are an ignorant, opinionated boor for your blanket generalization of what amounts to a colloquial routine as objectively deforming...or I could call you a ****head for it. Is there really a difference in the intent of the comment? Beyond the fact that by avoiding cursing I actually come off as more intentionally and personally confrontational the overall point of my ire remains the same. However, I would never avail myself to offend you, therefor you aren't regardless, right?

At the end of the day there are a lot of other reasons one might include such words in their vocabulary. Personally, 95% of the time I curse on rpgmw is specifically because I'm trying to articulate something on a status update and by the fourth or fifth time my point is rejected for exceeding the character limit I start picking choice four letter words that can demonstrate my ire equally with the verbose sentences I originally opted to opine.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh okay, lol. I was reading it that he saw those words here yesterday.

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just use profanity within reason, I say. Don't shoot off f and s words every other sentence, because that's pretty unnecessary tbh. Keep that in mind, and you're good!

MyNameWontFi

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you all for answering. Please don't be mistaken though. Made this thread to ask a question regarding profanity, as I kinda talk too much IRL, to fit in with the hood. But I'll try to be a nice guy in the forums. :)

Not sure how the one you saw made it through the filter.
@MyNameWontFi Can you please send me a private message about where you saw that?

That was just an example. No one is in accusation here.

Just be respectful, at the end of the day that transcends habitual speech patterns because it intrensically limits how crass you will naturally get with people.

That's actually one of the reasons I don't make many friends. All of them trash talk too much, so I just try to avoid them if necessary.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ok, Black Jack attempt 2: Time to die via brain hemorrhage.
I'm still looking for some people who have skills on scripts and map design if somebody read this.

My mind is dying with the effort trying to understand how scripts work, and why they are so complicated for a little brain as mine.

I just need a hero :,c

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarge_Vince