What the requirements to sell my game?

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I brought RMMV Bundle today, and I want to create my project and sell it. Then, I want to know if need to ask permission here to start to post my game in commercial stores.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need to ask permission, you just need a legal version of your chosen RPG Maker engine.

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it, thanks. I will start to crush my mind and soul to do a good game for now, haha!

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to have the license for all your graphics/scripts/musics (except the resources from RTP) if you using some custom assets too.

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to have the license for all your graphics/scripts/musics (except the resources from RTP) if you using some custom assets too.
Yeah, this I already know. I want to use just RTP and created graphics for me, thanks!

You don't need to ask permission, you just need a legal version of your chosen RPG Maker engine.
One more thing to close this topic:
I want to rename some or all musics like battle music or village music to put on my sound music box in a separated menu, like a gallery (Music Hall). Eg. rename Battle3 to Decisive Battle, QuestionKid Theme (xD). Can I do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the developing viewpoint you also need to have a completed game of at least average quality to be able to sell it - just offering something does not automatically sell it to people if it is a bad game. And for that you'll need at least some experience in game making, which is why we usually suggest not to sell your first game as that is often of limited quality due to limited experience.
You can follow the link to the starting point in my signature to learn more about the learning process.

And lastly, you need to follow your countries laws on selling anything - including things like business licences, tax laws and so on.
You'll get fined or thrown into prison if what you do can be described as tax evasion...

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the developing viewpoint you also need to have a completed game of at least average quality to be able to sell it - just offering something does not automatically sell it to people if it is a bad game. And for that you'll need at least some experience in game making, which is why we usually suggest not to sell your first game as that is often of limited quality due to limited experience.
You can follow the link to the starting point in my signature to learn more about the learning process.

And lastly, you need to follow your countries laws on selling anything - including things like business licences, tax laws and so on.
You'll get fined or thrown into prison if what you do can be described as tax evasion...
I have an old project, I'm developing my game and changing the engine for years xD. I will do it with MV because this engine offers what I really needed. Don't worry about the part of sell the game, I will first check everything to publish it for sale and give some demos to expert scripters like Yanfly.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to just rename them. I'm not aware of anything preventing you from renaming the base resources.

Warrior of Myth

Griffin Rider
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, this might be at least what I wanted to know, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuraudo123