What to do for waterfalls?

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since none of the POP! Horror packs come with any waterfalls (unless I'm missing something?), how do you guys compensate for this? Waterfalls are a staple in good RPG map designs and a very easy way to "prettify" forest and nature maps. So the fact that I can't find any waterfall tiles in this pack(s) made me a little sad, because I absolutely love the tiles otherwise. :kaocry:

Then again, since the packs have been out since 2015 I realize people might have found a solution for this already? Maybe someone will let me know what you do in your POP! game for waterfalls?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It doesn't? *checks* Oh. I didn't notice because Vexed's stuff is so urban. (There's not any in the M+ Collection pack, right? I can't afford that one yet, so I can't check.) If I had run into it I would have just made some of my own, like I did for Old School Modern, but I know that isn't an option for most people.

It's an incomplete solution, but would this help?
waterfall.png
You'll need to get it working yourself, it goes over the cliff tiles in the Slasher Forest pack. It may need to be recolored to match the water you're using. It hasn't been tested to see if it works. It also doesn't have a center tile, just the edges. And then there's the whole top and bottom problem. But hopefully it's helpful.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll have to experiment a little it seems but I was expecting as much. Of course it would be great if Vexed Enigma had included a waterfall with her Slasher forest, just like I wish she'd included some (any!) animal sprites, but it is what it is. One can hope that we might get stuff like that at some point in the future but meanwhile I guess we'll have to make do with our own edits hm? :kaopride:

[EDIT; Also, no. There's no waterfall in the M+ Collection pack. But lots of other pretty things!]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezalopan