What was that "awesome game mechanic" you discarted 'cause it couldn't work with your game/project

Davox

Archimage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just a bit curious :aswt:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Too many to name. I was going to have a very elaborate crafting system... which I had to simplify because it's not a crafting game. I had the most amazing ideas for battle systems, but they'd be too flashy for my game. I was even going to have a tool system but it literally had no reason to be there whatsoever.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Procedurally generated dungeon stage.

jweav8705

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Procedurally generated dungeon stage.
Can you expand on this?
Was it a script or evented/variable?
I imagine you could pull a random variable on a player transfer, then assign each variable to a different map transfer event. The problem with that is players could miss maps, or, if a different variable needs to add to a certain number to flip a switch and force a transfer to boss map, players might see the same maps more than once.
This could be fixed, but it would mean that players would see all maps, just in a random order and i dont know if that would have any merit.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you expand on this?
Was it a script or evented/variable?
I imagine you could pull a random variable on a player transfer, then assign each variable to a different map transfer event. The problem with that is players could miss maps, or, if a different variable needs to add to a certain number to flip a switch and force a transfer to boss map, players might see the same maps more than once.
This could be fixed, but it would mean that players would see all maps, just in a random order and i dont know if that would have any merit.
The map is generated, means you don't have to map it in the editor, instead the script will generate the map for you. Means, you will not miss a map at all.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batro