What was the first game you played?

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I just don't see why Sonic would need to drive a car to race everyone he is super fast on his feet it kinda makes no sense why.
Coming up next is Flash: The Racing Game!

Confederacy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Command & Conquer when I was about four years old. The first GDI and NOD missions will never be forgotten.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Woah, Confederacy, you played a RTS game when you were 4? Are you some kind of genius?  :o

Confederacy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah, Confederacy, you played a RTS game when you were 4? Are you some kind of genius?  :o
I probably completed 3 of the GDI missions and 4 of the NOD missions when I was that age. I specifically remember that I was not good at missions where I couldn't build a base. So I pretty much was just stuck to the first half of the campaigns. Same thing goes with Red Alert.

He didn't say that he won :)
I won some of them...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketcy-Sketch

Hypergraphic
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
One of the 4 or so games that I first ever played. It was so much fun! (even if I never won after the water level.  It's hard not getting electrocuted!):

​
 ​
 ​
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the Nintendo!​

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I remember that one Sketcy! That was my first NES game, and once again, my sister is to blame. I didn't know a lot of english back then, and my sister offered to translate something (the manual or a magazine, I don't remember) that said how to beat the dreaded water level.

She said that you just needed to get to the end of it and that all the devices spread throughout the stage were places you could get oxigen from. Of course, now we all know her translation sucked. The devices were bombs, and you needed to deactivate all of them to win the level. I spent days and days not understanding what I was doing wrong.

When I improved my english, about 1 year later, I reread the tip and promptly finished the level, and the game! mwahaha  :guffaw:

Now that I think about it, although there are some fun parts, it's a pretty bad adaptation of the show; the enemies make absolutely no sense (a man made out of fire!!??) as enemies for the turtles, and all the hit boxes and values were all messed up (who remembers those crazy precise jumps you had to do to cross the sewers?).

kj3400

Hmph Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@OM3GA-Z3RO & kj3400: More Sonic fans, I feel your pain, watch the review a few posts above for laughs.

I'd have loved to watch it but it took forever to load. Eventually I just figured 'IT'S NO USE!' and tried to forget it ever happened :p

I just don't see why Sonic would need to drive a car to race everyone he is super fast on his feet it kinda makes no sense why.
Sonic's in a car to give everyone else a fighting chance. If he just ran, well the race would be over in less than 10 seconds :p

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
I forgot the title, but it was some kinda space shooter in the famicom

headdie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The first game I played was some arcade game at sears when I was 3 years old. the first game I remember I played was Banjo Kazooie. I haven't beaten that game yet, and I need to find some time to stream it and finally complete another game from my childhood. God that game was so good.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Adiktusmiko: The mystery shooter from famicom, I wonder if we'll ever know it's name.

@Headdie: If you still like Rogue type game, you gotta try Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition, I'm having a blast playing it; the dolphin I was talking about on my first post is the character I chose.

@Kaiser: Banjo Kazooie is one of my favorite games, the horror theme level was specially fun. Too bad the game on the 360 was horrible; Jontron from youtube gives an awesome negative review of it.

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Solo: Haha, I bet the producers at Capcom said that exact same thing when they were presented with the first Megaman game.
They did amazing with Powered Up on the PSP though, where you can play as all the bosses, and they even added two new ones (Oil Man and Time Man). The level editor was a dream come true for me! But it's a dang shame they never remade any of the others like that (Inafune even said he was going to).

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
They did amazing with Powered Up on the PSP though, where you can play as all the bosses, and they even added two new ones (Oil Man and Time Man). The level editor was a dream come true for me! But it's a dang shame they never remade any of the others like that (Inafune even said he was going to).
I know, they should have sticked to classic Megaman for a bit more.

I can't wait for Mighty Number 9 to come out; you do know it's being produced and designed by Megaman's original creator right?

Solo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't wait for Mighty Number 9 to come out; you do know it's being produced and designed by Megaman's original creator right?
Yeah, what system is it for?

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Too many glorious NES games for me, I don't remember which came first. Back at the age of 3.

And then I screwed up my eye sight permanently to this very day~

=)

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Yeah, what system is it for?
I think it's coming on the WiiU, PC and PS3; their kickstarter campaign was fulfilled the very first day (PC game), but they went beyond their stretch goals in less than a week (WiiU &PS3), I don't know if the 360 will get it too.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Too many glorious NES games for me, I don't remember which came first. Back at the age of 3.

And then I screwed up my eye sight permanently to this very day~

=)
Woah, screwed up your eye sight? Well, I hope is nothing serious like wearing an eye patch or something; which sounds cool in theory, but not at this modern day and age.

Dark Phoenix

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe my first game was World Grand Prix for the Sega Master System.  If that wasn't it, the original Wonder Boy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joriyaki