What was the first game you played?

Jarl Van Damme

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can imagine; too bad that whole multiplayer thing didn't work out for them in the end, bu I can understand how it would have been very difficult to implement multiplayer functionality into a puzzle game back then.
I couldn't agree more!

ChaosDecides

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Was either Number Munchers or Oregon Trail back in elementary school on an old Apple desktop.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@ChaosDecides: I've never heard of those, I'll check them out.

ChaosDecides

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ChaosDecides: I've never heard of those, I'll check them out.
Number munchers is just a game to teach kids math, nothing exciting. Oregon Trail will have you pulling your hair out, it has a notorious reputation.

Remember this was back in the late 80's so the games were pretty primative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ Dalph & Insidious Mental Pollution: Classics are amazing, they are like mentors that teach us so much about the "gameplay over graphics" concept. 
Totally this.  I would never argue that nostalgia factors heavily into how we see classics, but when you play a game that was legitimately great and break it down it's often very easy to pick out what made it addicting (the attention to detail, a certain reactivity, engagement, a certain 'flow').  Beautiful graphics are something to appreciate, but gameplay is absolutely king.

My list of favorites is well represented by the old and the new.

Jarrad

Broke College Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aladdin on the Sega Genesis, I loved it so much and I still do.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Aladdin on the Sega Genesis, I loved it so much and I still do.
I always wanted to play that one, I had to settle for the SNES version, which wasn't half bad either.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
First pc game and first game ever was the demo of Outlaws:

My first console game was most likely sonic 1.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
First pc game and first game ever was the demo of Outlaws:

My first console game was most likely sonic 1.
And yet another Sonic fan added to the list  :rock-right:

Gone

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So many of you can remember. I can't remember the first game I played....it's been so long and I was so young.  >_>  It might've been a demo game that our Amiga 500+ came with, if only I can remember what they were....

ChaosDecides

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First console game I played was the very first Mario game when I got the NES as a gift. I don't remember what the first game I played at the arcade was.

Frostyfirefly

Seeker of the Weird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@ Druzzell: Oh no Druzzell, don't give in to the old man syndrome: "It is all so confusing... just resting my eyes... and remembering... it's all coming back to me..."  :p

@ ChaosDecides: Mario and Sonic have initiated so many of us into games, it's like they were there, every step of the way during our childhood.

Julius Lionheart

Adobo Hunter
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Castlevania for NES. Man, who would not like to smash Dracula in the face with an epic whip? 

Since then, I always loved Castlevania. I've been playing some of its games until Castlevania Judgement. 

ChaosDecides

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ Druzzell: Oh no Druzzell, don't give in to the old man syndrome: "It is all so confusing... just resting my eyes... and remembering... it's all coming back to me..."  :p

@ ChaosDecides: Mario and Sonic have initiated so many of us into games, it's like they were there, every step of the way during our childhood.
And eventually the unthinkable happened when you could play a Sonic game on a Nintendo console.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The first game I ever played was also my first rage-quit in history!

It was The Empire Strikes Back, on Atari 2600...  I never wish to play that game, EVER AGAIN!  Haha!
I had a friend who tried to convince me that you could eventually defeat the AT-ATs and experience other parts of the movie.  How little we knew back in those days!

Seeing Super Mario Bros. for the first time in arcades was such a treat (and a trip).  That machine devoured an endless stream of my quarters, it was so different from everything else at the time.  Sonic I got along with my Genesis, loved it, so addicting...  but I never was very good at it.  Actually, I REALLY sucked at it, lol, but the music and colorful graphics kept calling me back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was today years old when I realized I could choose where to put choices in VNMaker. Oi.
What if I start to make final boss first then crawl down from there to make lesser bosses
i don't even know why i bother. Trying to to a simple candle light to flicker. Hour later no progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choibento