TheTonyOne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostyfirefly You have no idea. With my crazy life, vidya gaems keep me sane.

Sanctus_5

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Castellano
Primarily Uses
The first game i ever played was "Wings of Fury" i think, i was 4 years old when this happened and you have to rescue soldiers from the battlefield, it was a pretty god game in that time and the animation... well the plane was just some pixels but still good hahahaha
I used to have an old IBM PC and a white/black screen.

Also i played Prince of Persia and Chess (still on White and Black)
When the "color" arrives i played this "abbandonwares":  "Catacomb", "Overkill" and "Biomenace" all of them from Apogee games.

Gui

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hard to remember this one because it was about 35 years ago, but I think it was Pac-Man, or maybe Space Invaders –yup: on the arcade...  ^^

allplay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
not too hard to remember myself

it was Resident Evil 3 Nemesis on my uncle's house, I was like 5/4 years old when I played it

I suppose then RE became a part of me ever since

and I played a 2-D shooter on the PS1 called R-Type Delta, I freaking loved it and I've been a fan of R-Type for as long as I remember, playing that game with mother was alot of fun, the is really insanely hard

well off to go download an ISO of R-Type Delta to play on my PSP :3 for nostalgia's sake

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Coming up next is Flash: The Racing Game!
Actually, a Flash vs Superman (foot) race would be interesting.  Only problem would be the game could NOT be played if the true speeds they were running were being rendered.

As for my first video game:

I think it was Asteroids on the Atari 2600 (a,k,a, Sherbet Shoot because the "rocks" were pastel hues on a color TV).

On a related "first video game" thought:

My first RPG, that would have to be Final Fantasy IV (called II on the cartridge) for the SNES.

Fungii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mine was Pokemon Yellow, my mother got me the PKMN Yellow Gameboy Colour set, which was basically a GBC, Pokemon Yellow, as well as a bunch of silly add on stuff like a holder, magnifier light, rechargeable battery pack and plug in adapter all in bright yellow.

I still have the GBC and game somewhere, even though I never play them. Hard to let go of your first.

DavidGil

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I don't know what my first game was, but I remember my first computer being the Commodore 64. In particular, I remember one game, called Pong.

From there, I moved onto the Sega Megadrive (never owned a SNES) and a PC. Owned a lot of Megadrive games, and played ones such as Doom, Wolfenstein 3D and Commander Keen on the PC.

Been a gamer pretty much my whole life really, even though I don't take them seriously these days and I must admit it's losing some of its luster now. Don't think story based/roleplaying games will ever lose their luster though, as I will always appreciate a good story.

JeffreyMoon92

Future Pro Wrestling Grand Slam Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
On my end...I think it was Streed Rod on C64...or was it the Forbidden Forest duology?

I am not that old. My brother game me his old C64 and...oh those games! :)

Eterne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't remember exactly which one was first, but the first games I'd ever played were Keio Flying Squadron 2 (this probably explains a lot) and Highway 2000, both on the Sega Saturn. I think I was about 5.

MandyMarieB

d*sney princess
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mine was Super Mario Brothers on NES. (And thus, Duck Hunt as well, as they were bundled together.) Also Maniac Mansion. <3

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think we can take reasonable guesses for how old someone is based on what games they first played.

After all, it's not very likely someone in their 20s would have played the Atari 2600 for their first game system.  I'm sure it's possible, just not probable.

Last edited by a moderator:

arekpowalan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure which game I first played on the Famicom, but it's something along the line of Contra, Super Mario Bros, Castlevania 2, and Captain Tsubasa Vol. II.

My first JRPG was Final Fantasy IV, though.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The FIRST Donkey Kong.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hmm I honestly don't remember if it was a pc game or a nintendo game. If it was nintendo.. then yes it was Mario/Duck Hunt. If it was computer.. I vagely remember playing some games on the commodore.. like there was this maze game with ascii art. The first computer game I remember playing and actually knew what I was doing was Might and Magic 3. I was pretty good at Mario.

It's funny cause the best thing I remember about Mario/Dunk Hunt was we had this really old lady that took care of use when our parents were working. We got her to play duck hunt and then you couldn't get her off of it and she'd just laugh and laugh when she'd get one. :) She was a lot of fun cause she had great stories and like to joke around

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Venka

Did you do what all of the rest of us did in Duck Hunt --- try to shoot that darned dog when he laughed at you? :)

I was very surprised to find a 2nd controller in the right port allowed Player #2 to control the duck.

steeltamashii

A Simple Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Genesis was my first video game that I remember playing.

It's a real shame what's happened with Sonic. I used to buy stuff on release day to play it, and now looking back I haven't bought a Sonic game in years.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@whitesphere - I was a very naive child, I don't think it even occurred to me to try to shoot the dog ;)

I do remember my hands hurting from using the controllers all the time and when snes came out.. think how great the rounded controllers were.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Midtown Madness 3.

This game is SO underrated/forgotten

King Sangos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Midtown Madness 3.

This game is SO underrated/forgotten
Oh yeah, I remember that!

Finding all the out-of-bounds glitches in that game were hilarious. As for what the first game I played was, it was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. The fond memories I have for that game can never be diminished. : >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.
I miss lockdown already. Since the pubs reopened, there's been nothing but loudmouthed drunks wandering about my neighbourhood.
Twitter is making me embarrassed to be a Persona 5 fan rn
I don't wanna be called out when I say P5R is my favorite game :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SparkleLanturn