What was the first game you played?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Frostyfirefly, Dec 1, 2013.

1. TheTonyOne

TheTonyOne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Frostyfirefly You have no idea. With my crazy life, vidya gaems keep me sane.

Frostyfirefly likes this.
  2. Sanctus_5

Sanctus_5 Villager Member

First Language:
    Castellano
    The first game i ever played was "Wings of Fury" i think, i was 4 years old when this happened and you have to rescue soldiers from the battlefield, it was a pretty god game in that time and the animation... well the plane was just some pixels but still good hahahaha
    I used to have an old IBM PC and a white/black screen.

Also i played Prince of Persia and Chess (still on White and Black)
    When the "color" arrives i played this "abbandonwares":  "Catacomb", "Overkill" and "Biomenace" all of them from Apogee games.

3. Gui

Gui Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hard to remember this one because it was about 35 years ago, but I think it was Pac-Man, or maybe Space Invaders –yup: on the arcade...  ^^

4. allplay

allplay Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    not too hard to remember myself

it was Resident Evil 3 Nemesis on my uncle's house, I was like 5/4 years old when I played it

I suppose then RE became a part of me ever since

and I played a 2-D shooter on the PS1 called R-Type Delta, I freaking loved it and I've been a fan of R-Type for as long as I remember, playing that game with mother was alot of fun, the is really insanely hard

well off to go download an ISO of R-Type Delta to play on my PSP :3 for nostalgia's sake

5. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Actually, a Flash vs Superman (foot) race would be interesting.  Only problem would be the game could NOT be played if the true speeds they were running were being rendered.

As for my first video game:

I think it was Asteroids on the Atari 2600 (a,k,a, Sherbet Shoot because the "rocks" were pastel hues on a color TV).

On a related "first video game" thought:

My first RPG, that would have to be Final Fantasy IV (called II on the cartridge) for the SNES.

6. Fungii

Fungii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Mine was Pokemon Yellow, my mother got me the PKMN Yellow Gameboy Colour set, which was basically a GBC, Pokemon Yellow, as well as a bunch of silly add on stuff like a holder, magnifier light, rechargeable battery pack and plug in adapter all in bright yellow.

I still have the GBC and game somewhere, even though I never play them. Hard to let go of your first.

7. DavidGil

DavidGil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I don't know what my first game was, but I remember my first computer being the Commodore 64. In particular, I remember one game, called Pong.

From there, I moved onto the Sega Megadrive (never owned a SNES) and a PC. Owned a lot of Megadrive games, and played ones such as Doom, Wolfenstein 3D and Commander Keen on the PC.

Been a gamer pretty much my whole life really, even though I don't take them seriously these days and I must admit it's losing some of its luster now. Don't think story based/roleplaying games will ever lose their luster though, as I will always appreciate a good story.

8. JeffreyMoon92

JeffreyMoon92 Future Pro Wrestling Grand Slam Champion Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    On my end...I think it was Streed Rod on C64...or was it the Forbidden Forest duology?

I am not that old. My brother game me his old C64 and...oh those games! :)

9. Eterne

Eterne Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I can't remember exactly which one was first, but the first games I'd ever played were Keio Flying Squadron 2 (this probably explains a lot) and Highway 2000, both on the Sega Saturn. I think I was about 5.

10. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB d*sney princess Member

First Language:
    English
    Mine was Super Mario Brothers on NES. (And thus, Duck Hunt as well, as they were bundled together.) Also Maniac Mansion. <3

11. whitesphere

First Language:
    English
    I think we can take reasonable guesses for how old someone is based on what games they first played.

After all, it's not very likely someone in their 20s would have played the Atari 2600 for their first game system.  I'm sure it's possible, just not probable.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  12. ThatChillingLittleKiddo

ThatChillingLittleKiddo Little Child Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think it was either Zelda (when I was 5) or Mario...?

13. arekpowalan

arekpowalan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure which game I first played on the Famicom, but it's something along the line of Contra, Super Mario Bros, Castlevania 2, and Captain Tsubasa Vol. II.

My first JRPG was Final Fantasy IV, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  14. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The FIRST Donkey Kong.

15. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    hmm I honestly don't remember if it was a pc game or a nintendo game. If it was nintendo.. then yes it was Mario/Duck Hunt. If it was computer.. I vagely remember playing some games on the commodore.. like there was this maze game with ascii art. The first computer game I remember playing and actually knew what I was doing was Might and Magic 3. I was pretty good at Mario.

It's funny cause the best thing I remember about Mario/Dunk Hunt was we had this really old lady that took care of use when our parents were working. We got her to play duck hunt and then you couldn't get her off of it and she'd just laugh and laugh when she'd get one. :) She was a lot of fun cause she had great stories and like to joke around

16. whitesphere

First Language:
    English
    @Venka

Did you do what all of the rest of us did in Duck Hunt --- try to shoot that darned dog when he laughed at you? :)

I was very surprised to find a 2nd controller in the right port allowed Player #2 to control the duck.

17. steeltamashii

steeltamashii A Simple Storyteller Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Genesis was my first video game that I remember playing.

It's a real shame what's happened with Sonic. I used to buy stuff on release day to play it, and now looking back I haven't bought a Sonic game in years.

18. Venka

Venka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @whitesphere - I was a very naive child, I don't think it even occurred to me to try to shoot the dog ;)

I do remember my hands hurting from using the controllers all the time and when snes came out.. think how great the rounded controllers were.

19. Mog the Moogle

Mog the Moogle Kupo Member

First Language:
    English
    Midtown Madness 3.

This game is SO underrated/forgotten

20. King Sangos

King Sangos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh yeah, I remember that!

Finding all the out-of-bounds glitches in that game were hilarious. As for what the first game I played was, it was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. The fond memories I have for that game can never be diminished. : >

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014