What was your fav character in your own game?

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you ever liked a hero that you made? if yes which one was and why?
In my case the 2 siblings Shen and Octavia Belvedere

Attachments

• Octavia.png
    Octavia.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Shen.png
    Shen.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Drizzt and The Radionist...why? because their backstory is very interesting and there just so cool [If only they were real]...
here's an image of Drizzt but I have no image for The Radionist yet...[this was made by @Citali]

Attachments

• d (1).png
    d (1).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"Aiko" from IMAGINE: Roleplay Club.
fZ2Bdhz.jpg
fZllw8M.jpg

The reason is because I'm pretty satisfied with her design and her story arc is planned from the beginning (she got her own story before the actual main character!) and is inspired by a lot of my friends combined. :kaojoy:

Last edited:

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmmm, probably Kujiforo. Strangely he resembles the personality of Silvia (from DQXI) a LOT even though mine came out over a decade before that game. I like him cause he reflects me very well - his chara arc is that he's an entertainer that likes making people happy, but is jealous of his best friend who is more brawn and a physical protector. But he learns, in his dungeon, that there are different types of strength: and being able to pump up morale and paint smiles.......is equally as good of protection as big flashy swords. <3

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would say my favorite is the main character from my first game, "Path of the Martyrs." His name is Saiyato Ichia, he is loyal yet serious. However, when people he cares about are in danger or having trouble he tends act impulsively to help them no matter what.
Saiyato Illustration.jpg

Artea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I forgot to write about why I like my 2 characters Octavia and Shen Belvedere ahaha, well I got the inspiration from an old manga that I read a long time ago. Shen is a quiet and strong man, doesn't trust anybody, and only cares about his sister because he has only her in his life. Octavia is a lovely and positive girl, she has a crush on the main character and because of that, she fights sometimes with his brother because of his overprotection.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think my favourite hero is not main protagonist, but sidecast heroine:

Spirit of Wind - One of four daughters of mother nature and father time, she was saved by my main protagonist from beign captured by evil ogre witchdoctor and as a thanks she gave my hero abilities to wield power over wind and storm, at some critical moments she can be summon to help in tough situations. - https://prnt.sc/xe213y

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My project is not a game per say, but I can tell you that I get lots of flak for having quite a few of my viewers' favorite character die early. LOL.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alma, the main character of my first game. She was a dumb cult member who was used as a pawn by the higher-ups for their own ends, the end result of which was her death. While she had occasional doubts about her involvement in the cult, it wasn't until the very end of her life that she felt the betrayal and finally saw the cult for what it was. And of course, this was just the beginning of her story. (Note: Not an undead)

While this might not exactly match her story in the game she's from, the game in question is like 8 years old now and, with the death of flash, is buried for all intents and purposes. I've wanted to retell her story properly for some time now, and after my current project is over, that's what I intend to do.

She also makes a cameo in my current game.

5EH2HEv.png

Good question!

If you look *very* carefully, you'll FSM trees in the background. Earlier in the year (2020) I wanted to make a quick retouch of the game with better assets, better dialog, and minor QoL improvements, but with Flash's end-of-life creeping up, I realized it wasn't worth it, so replacing my awful photoshop backgrounds with tiled FSM was as far as I got. Yeah I know, not Rpgmaker, but FSM's license says *any* engine which is nice.

Anyway, when she finally gets her own game, I'll be getting a proper commission. Art just isn't something I'm all that great at, and I'm okay with this.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like all of my characters, so it's hard to pick any one I'd favour over the others. But if I had to pick one, it'd be Eldin, who started out as a pretty basic NPC in a side-quest in my first game that I originally had no further plans for, but eventually developed into her own character and became part of the main cast in the game after it.
There's a few other characters that started out with minor roles and unexpectedly grew into something bigger later on, but none as much as Eldin did.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like all of my characters, so it's hard to pick any one I'd favour over the others. But if I had to pick one, it'd be Eldin, who started out as a pretty basic NPC in a side-quest in my first game that I originally had no further plans for, but eventually developed into her own character and became part of the main cast in the game after it.
There's a few other characters that started out with minor roles and unexpectedly grew into something bigger later on, but none as much as Eldin did.
That's always a cool thing to see. When a minor character you make are so likeable they eventually join the main cast. I had a similar experience with my NPCs in "Path of the Martyrs". Made throw away lines for each of them. Then I thought back to one of my favorite games series, the Trails series and how their NPCs have lives outside of the story. I thought I don't want these characters to be cardboard cut outs so I change their dialogue whenever a major story beat happens. So you could check up on what they are up to after story events.

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
One of the benefits of being a curator is you can read, see and feel the charm of the characters, which in my case it's hard to pinpoint which one is my personal favorite.
Although to be honest, if I have to choose one among dozens of characters in my project, it will be this lass.
unknown.png

She's not the best in terms of either role, lore, and backstory; but her being a versatile, sassy whipcrack with utilities to boot, combined with her appearance, is right in my strike zone. Just don't ask her about what inside the bottles she tends to throw at her opponents.

freakytapir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Volin.png
Right now I quite like my character Volin.
He's a quiet distinguished mage living his retirement from adventuring out in some sleepy village. You know, nice garden, glass of wine, the lot.
But he has a terrible secret. He's a Blood Mage!
Except everyone knows and no one cares.
"Want your broken leg fixed? Go visit Volin, He'll fix you up right quick. He'll take five pints of blood as payment, payable in installments of course."
He loves to play up the stereotypes upon first meeting people, but has an otherwise relaxed demeanor.
He is the mentor for Mage type adventurers in the starting village, leaving the training of Warriors to his heterosexual life partner Bors, the old meatshield of his former adventuring days, who lives in the cottage next doors.

Gameplay wise, he uses drain spells to replenish his own HP, and sacrifices is own HP to heal allies.
Main stats: Max HP and MAT

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Beatrix. The game being made with her in it was a bizarre mish-mash of ideas that got polished up and I ended up with a protagonist I really liked. Sadly that game is last to the aether, but I still know enough about her that I've been working out a new game project with her that won't be as... depressing(?) as the last one.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would say I like everyone equally, but the evidence said otherwise. The award goes to Terra Erde.
Simply because I draw her quite a lot. So, please excuse me if I spam pics of her.
terra breakdown.jpg
I know she has 2 right hands, I know

cropped.png
heterochromia.png

terra unfinished.png

terra menu wide.png

And this one below, a short hair version.
genkiterra3.png
I have a lot of versions of her background story (since I suck at writing).
But that is probably the reason why she is my fave. I spent too much time with her alone.

Her main quirk is that she has a golem, and depends on which version of her story, she has two souls in a single body. This is the reason why she is having heterochromia. Her other eye belongs to another soul that resides inside her body. And at some point, I was planning to make her having a dual personality.

Game-wise, she has the most complex implementation compared to others. Because she summons golem/stand during the battle to aid her.

golemstartx.gif

gzcharge.gif

daheji

Call me Dah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVX
My favorite character is Elysée from my very own first completed project Version Fille.

My friends and followers have been joking that 50% of my work is about Elysée. Which I think is actually true.

elyseepensee_expressionsheet02.jpg
This is a faceset I drew for Elysée in my game Version Fille. She is the character with the largest faceset of all my character with 73 different expressions. Most of my other characters have around 40 expressions each.

She isn't even one of the main character, she is just a healer that the main cast will see from time to time and she is not playable. I still gave her a huge role in the last chapter of Version Fille just because she is my favorite character.

She is beautiful and cute, but her doll face only contrasts with the worst personality ever. She is incredibly selfish and an absolute hell to deal with. She isn't a healer because she wants to help people, she is a healer because adventurers will pay a huge some of money to get fully healed. Her love for money knows no bounds.

And because her personality is so messed up, it's really fun to draw her or write her dialogues in my game.

I'm actually developing a project with her as the main character.
elyseeescalier.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

zomboars.jpg

Concept art

Zomboars- main enemies in my story
mutant pigs addicted to beer
SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chonkycat