What was your favorite childhood show or movie?

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
What was your favorite childhood show or movie? I always watched Dexter's Laboratory back in the day it was my favorite childhood show. What was yours? And my favorite childhood movie was...Hm...I don't really know XD Ah, the old days. No one has good shows on TV anymore...

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh gosh - When I was younger, I was a huge fan of Dexter's Laboratory and Courage the Cowardly Dog. When it came to movies, I liked The Nightmare Before Christmas and Spirited Away best!  :cutesmile:

There are some, err, interesting shows out there nowadays, but they almost seem to appeal to the older crowd more than the younger one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Frelance Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Movie: The Lion King.

TV Show: Gargoyles.

Hands down.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Dark Crystal was lots of fun but I was really young when it came out. But me and my older brother watched The Little Mermaid so many times I think we wore the tape out and I'm sure we made our parents happy on long car trips by being able to rehearse the movie in it's entirety in the back seat (including the songs). And now I get to watch it daily with my little girl ;)

And kid shows have always had adult humor in them as well so that the parents don't just dread going to watch them with their kids. I know this is not always the case as I like most kid movies, but I know some parents aren't as enthusiastic about watching kiddy programming. My dad use to watch Looney Tunes if we were in the room or not and said he always had us kids (I have two brothers) so that he could take us to go watch the kid movies and not feel bad about laughing loading in the theater. And not be some creepy guy going solo to the theater ;)

Athryl

The Reticent
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My favorite show was Rainbow Brite for sure...had sprite toys, rainbow brite dolls, starlight stuffed animal, etc.  My favorite movie was definitely The Little Mermaid, watched that to death and drove my family nuts.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rockoooooo's Mooooodern Life! (Rocko's Modern Life!)

And Courage the Cowardly Dog. Oh, oh. I also love the first few seasons of Spongebob. Before the movie. 

Gradian

Paperbag Sloth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English-M'sian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had a lot of favourites from cartoon network. Their shows appealed to me a lot more as a child than disney and nickelodeon, especially how they're not so much kid friendly as the newer shows (like most of disney's cartoons with some exceptions). My biggest fave I guess would be Ed, Edd n Eddy as well as Ren and Stimpy (though not CN but still).

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

When I was younger I was a massive fan of both Ben 10 and SpongeBob Squarepants!!!

Funny thing is, I still love watching both of those TV shows :D

My favourite movie was Titanic!

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I LOVED Stark Trek and Knight Rider :D

The classic TV series are better than what's on the screens today...I miss it all!

Death's Assistant

Death's Assistant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really liked Scooby Doo! :)  Long live the classics...

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exosquad

It is the most underrated cartoon of the early 90s, and stood head and shoulders above anything that was being made at the time in the west as far as Animated TV goes. It had continuing storylines, and deals with a lot of serious topics throughout its run. Too bad it got cancelled.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Childhood... hmm...

When I was really young, let's say 5 years old, I was watching The smurfs and The Transformers

Later came the video cassettes so I loved Lensman: The secret of the lens, Getter Robo, Voltus 5, Voltron,

When I was a teenager, I watched an anime I did not as a child...

THAT is still my favorite of all...

NOTICE: The dub in my native language was really lame....

That was making it even more funny though...

Here it goes:

Igano Kabamaru

wallacethepig

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Piglish
Primarily Uses
Wow, no one said Pokemon? Okay then.

That, Spongebob, and a whole bunch of others. I still have a bunch of Pokemon episodes on VCR...

-Wallace

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Movie:

Neverending Story

Show:

Mysterious Cities of Gold and Space Adventure Cobra

High School Kimengumi shall be remembered as the one that completed my "glorious" top-3 lol

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Shows: Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Pokémon, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Movies: Little Mermaid, Jurassic Park

steeltamashii

A Simple Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shows: Transformers, Hey Arnold, Pokemon, Gundam Wing, Star Trek, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

Movies: Star Wars (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi), ALL of the Star Trek movies, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz,

and my two guilty pleasures: the Jean-Claude Van Damme Street Fighter movie and that really bad Dungeons and Dragons movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ