atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I always tried to realize an idea of a story i had in mind, I started when vx was still not out, i was a huge nooblet back then. Didn't even know about switches and whatnot. So basically made things progress by transfering 

to other maps and copy pasting them with different events. It was horrible :D
then vx came out, tried a few times, i didn't like it, so then vx ace came out and I tried two times, but I actually took it seriously that time around and improved so much with the rpg maker that as the story stretched

into the 2 hour gameplay, the start of the game was really bad compared to later parts of the game.
The first game I actually completed is a short story (shameless self advertising: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40268-the-crimson-mind/ )
I came up as I woke up in the morning thinking of how to give personality to certain characters in main game. Completed the major part in one day and
spent a week polishing it with friends' feedback (who took the piss so much sometimes :D )
It felt so good to FINALLY complete something, even if it's just a short story. :)

Frozen_Phoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm struggling with my first (real) game right now. Not with the program or anything, but rather with the thought of it not becoming something worth playing. I know it's a stupid thought, since the first game will never be perfect, but little things like these bother me a lot.

So I thought, if I read about others first games, it might put my mind at ease. (And also because I think it's interesting)

What was your first game and how did it turn out?

You will never know if it will be liked or not if you don't release it.

Play your game and if you, as a player, enjoy it, then it's good enough.

The Viktan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The first game I ever worked on was one for RPG Maker on the PS1, I can't remember the name I had came up with it since it was so long ago. The first that I nearly finished was a small PC game called Littles Fishes using the original Game Maker software. I have a bad habit of starting a project, and working really hard on it than losing focus, and interest, still trying to work on that haha.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels
If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
Nightmare Traveler: A game where we play as... the bad guy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrHedgehog