What's some of the craziest things you've seen people do with RPGMaker?

jakeybreaky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not just talking custom assets and junk, I mean like really pushing the limits of what the engine can do.
I'm talkin' games that when someone tells you it was made in RPGMaker you kinda go "Wait what?"

I remember seeing someone make a plugin that actually renders the game in 3D somehow?

I'm curious though, what's the most impressive game/project you guys have seen so far?

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
The best RPGM games are the ones where you can't tell it was RPGM. There's a few like Lisa, (Sorry I forget the names of the next two)the one made from stained glass and another about a scientist dog.
All three managed to flip the engine on its head and create something so original from the RPGM experience.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Any time I play one that can pull off full action battles without making me want to eat my keyboard, or those that add platforming and/or side scrolling type mechanics. I appreciate really deep simulation mechanics as well.

jakeybreaky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any time I play one that can pull off full action battles without making me want to eat my keyboard, or those that add platforming and/or side scrolling type mechanics. I appreciate really deep simulation mechanics as well.
What do you mean by deep simulation mechanics? Care to elaborate?

The best RPGM games are the ones where you can't tell it was RPGM. There's a few like Lisa, (Sorry I forget the names of the next two)the one made from stained glass and another about a scientist dog.
All three managed to flip the engine on its head and create something so original from the RPGM experience.
Yeah, basically from what I've seen the games that tend to do the best are the ones that sorta stray away from just being a clear fit into the JRPG genre.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ins't Lisa (if I remember the right one..) a WOLF RPG editor game?

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinates 24/7
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's made in VX Ace (just checked) And Wolf rpg editor is considered a maker...

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's made in VX Ace (just checked) And Wolf rpg editor is considered a maker...
I know it's a maker. If you check Steam you can see games listed with an "rpg maker" tag while in reality, were never made with rpg maker at all.

But on a sidenote:
I've seen scripts (for vx ace) that had platformers, shooters (those japanese shooters I believe they're called touhou?), complete custom abs systems (not the ones released to public), strategy games, a full on tcg battle system and so on.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French

This for me recently made me go "what?!" :LZSooo:

jakeybreaky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This for me recently made me go "what?!" :LZSooo:
I'm confused what just happened lol, did he like link the two instances of the game? What the heck was that?

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I don't know myself what he did :LZSrasp:

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinates 24/7
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't read Japanese so don't know what that message said ^^; But looks like they opened up two instances of the game and linked one game to the other (maybe. Nah scratch that. Is that even possible!?) I think the message said what they're doing and next we see that the other game shows Marsha in sort of a 3D perspective.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw a Shooter Game once on a different RPG Maker Forum where an Aircraft flies past many screens and fires at Targets, Although I can imagine how that's doable with Plugins and Projectile events, it fascinates me and excites me !

If enough Plugins and support is extended to it, Can you imagine RPG Maker being converted into a Maker to make Top down Shooter Games ? That would be a hell lot of fun, Since I'm a great fan of those Old-school Aircraft Shooter games like 1942 / Gyruss / Gun Nac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I spoke with hudell and many programmer about the Window_BattleLog class and we all just agreed to pretend this class just doesn't exists lol
I haven't been able to solidify a cohesive plot so dropped out of a game jam but, on a fun note, I pre-ordered MZ today! :LZSwink:
So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janetjoradan