Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
wrong question here - the RMs have absolutely NOTHING to do with Java.

If you're talking about javascript, you need to remember that java is to javascript as ham is to hamster - they share the first few letters but have abslutely nothing in common.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as for javascript, there are some, Brackets (free), sublime (paid), atom (not sure) or notepad++ (free)
but the question is more, what software do you feel most comfortable with?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use VSCode. It's FOSS, reasonably lightweight and probably the smartest in terms of intellisense too. Although the best? All depends on your personal preference. I used to use Sublime text 2, it's a free version of Sublime text. But ST2 is quite heavy on cpu compared to VSCode, so could not run it on my weak-o laptop. Then there is Atom, which I don't like due to its sheer size, Code::Blocks, Brackets, Notepad++ (the most lightweight of them)...

MiD

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally use Visual Studio. It's awesome. I haven't used anything else though to be honest but you can't go wrong with it.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like VSCode, Visual Studio is enormous, and even if you specify a different drive to install on, a lot of components will wind up installing to C no matter what. My little SSD just doesn't have the room for it to sit comfortably once I start installing components.

Sublime Text is nice, but like @Poryg said, it's a bit resource heavy.
I downloaded Atom back in the day but quickly uninstalled, it has capabilities beyond anything I really care for when writing just JavaScript for RMMV.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
IMHO, its really more of just using whichever editor you're more comfortable with...

Previously, I use mostly Visual Studio for my other coding stuff but for JS Im using Atom right now.

PS: This is the first time I heard of VS Code, it seems like worth a try

LTN Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using VSCode for at least 2 years now and will never look back. I've tried many other editors but nothing quite fulfills my needs like VSCode but it's a personal thing and you may enjoy other editors like Sublime or even Brackets more.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use a mix of notepad++ and VSCode, both of which are completely free. VSCode tends to be better with autocomplete and project management, while notepad++ I find to be better for quick edits. I tried Atom a few years ago, but at the time it was horrible with larger files. Hopefully that's changed though.

Zanckst

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yougotsomechocolate Use Visual Studio Code. It has Snippets, and Intellisense for fast and precise coding, and it annotates very well. And yes, I got some chocolate. Like...the most chocolatest guy in the world

@standardplayer I just downloaded Atom, seems splendid, let's see if its technical could charm me like its aesthetic did :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emarald04