what's the best farming game you've played?

Robin Hoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Story of Season Trio of Towns is my favorite. Those twins are really funny.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have really enjoyed Harvest Moon Animal Parade.

I picked up Story of Season Trio of Towns the other day and immediately after 10+ minutes I disliked it. The graphics and the way the story telling was done really put me off. Sometimes I wonder if it's because Rpg Maker and gaming taught me that the scene of the "family talk"(where a family of four talk on couches with a table between them) were really just 4 models rocking their heads back and form in looping animation and emote bubbles above their to show emotions were all really poor imitations to real life talking. Or maybe I am just growing older. I just felt it was poor everything.

Harvest Moon Animal Parade isn't the best thing either but I enjoyed the graphics and characters more.

Bricabrac

The Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rune Factory 2. No contest. Not for the farming per se, but for the social aspect - no other game in the series gave me that feeling of really living in a community full of nice people.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Harvest Moon (Snes), Harvest Moon Back to Nature (PS1)
The other Harvest Moon games are good too, but these two I played the most.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in case anyone is playing HARVEST MOON ANOTHER WONDERFUL LIFE you may want to read this:

Turn on your game cube, start the game, take out the controller and put it in the 4th slot. While in the fourth slot press the z button. Put it back in the first slot to resume play. BAM. 99 of all possible tools on the first page, your other inventory slots filled with randoms items, foods and recipes.

The only thing I could warn of is being too rich when selling everything....:kaoswt:

Kenvi_Water

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rune Factory - A Fantasy Harvest Moon, It's basically a spin-off of Harvest Moon, but it's the first farming game I played and the one I really enjoyed.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Harvest Moon.
But Farming Simulator is more realistic tho... Also, I can run over cows and stuff :)

Zizka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Harvest Moon is really good I hear.

SilverLugia345

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess one of the best farming games I have played would be God Eater. The reason is because you get to farm for materials that create awesome weapons and outfits, while also gaining experience while farming for those materials.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uh, does Farm Hero Saga count? XD
In all seriousness, though, probably Harvest Moon, because it's one of the only farm games I've played.

louislitt

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
There are plenty of great Farming games out there. My top favorite ones are:

1. Stardew Valley

If there’s any game that comes close to Harvest Moon in terms of gameplay and graphics then it’s definitely Stardew Valley. This popular indie hit actually takes the Harvest Moon formula to a whole new level and expands on it. The game offers an even larger world than Harvest Moon where you get to enjoy your farm life, grow crops, raise poultry, and all those farm gimmicks that you love performing. Stardew Valley is definitely considered the new Harvest Moon, or at the very least the closest thing to Harvest Moon you can get right now. So, definitely give this one a try.

Download ($14.99)

2. Voodoo Garden

This is not your average gardening or farming game where you grow fruits and veggies, instead in Voodoo Garden, you get to grow all the herbs, fruits, veggies, and shrubs that can be further used in your production of occult accessories. You also get to catch wild swamp animals that come in handy when making products for your voodoo magic. You also have the option to raise cute pets that will keep you company which can then be sacrificed to gain magical advantage, sounds fun right? This is where your average farming game meets magical enchanting. Try it out to learn some amazing voodoo magic.

Download ($2.99)

There are plenty of other farming games too but I would suggest you to read more about them before deciding which one would be best for you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Бас Лого.png
Reflections on the topic of choosing the path of the main character )
Now I want to change back to a Class system again xD Around and around we go!
Progress on the title graphic:
titledemo3.png
titledemo2.png
I'm still looking at the best way to do the subtitle.
I haven't touched the forum or my project for months because a few people were being a little aggressive when I asked for help
its_a_random_world.jpg
Well after half a year of health problems (that aren't as bad as before), and playing with UE4 & 5... I realized I should finish this project before working on something else. So I decided to upgrade my randomizer. And really just focus on compromising wherever I can to finish the project sooner rather than later. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeeMcTee