What's the craziest weapon you've ever seen in a video game?

Blinn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've seen a lot of really cool, awesome, and outright strange weapons in video games before, and I'm curious to know what you've seen. I'll share a couple of mine:

Guitar Rifle + Violin Gun (CSO):

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, you can play as a number of different characters.  The weapon each character uses is determined by the Gear you currently have equipped.  While there are a lot of really cool looking weapons, there are 2 gears that give every character 1 of 2 joke weapons.  Some of these include using lightbulbs instead of throwing knives, pizzas instead of chakrams, a giant banana instead of a claymore, and a sandwich instead of a tome.

My personal favorite is one of Luxord's weapons.  He uses cards to fight, but one of his joke weapons are a series of game discs that are called "Finest Fantasy XIII".

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I remember there was this game for iOS called "Soda Dungeon" where you run a tavern and recruit adventurers to go adventure in a nearby dungeon.

The first adventurers you could recruit were these "Soda Junkies" (basically drunkards) that used broken wine bottles and tavern stools as weapons. Befitting of a true drunkard, but strange to see nonetheless. I sometimes wonder if the shop owner was ever compensated for all these stools being taken by these guys.

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I always liked the Porkalator in Hexen: Beyond Heretic...
It's back in Hexen: Edge of Chaos. :)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Mana Khemia's Flay/Gunnar's Swiss Army Sword 

It's a sword that shoots ninja stars, while being able to charge explosive blast shots, then transforming into drills of varying sizes. 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tia's luggage case in Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals.

The primary attack is shooting out a giant red boxing glove, with "even more punches" and "one super-powerful punch" special attacks. It also has a giant hook that Tia can use to grapple across gaps or pull in objects or enemies. Her double-jump attack has it produce a giant drill which she slams downwards with. And when she does use her Hook Shot to grab and pull in an enemy? Then out pops the chainsaw.

Edgar Roni Figaro, eat your heart out.

Atlas Rose

Jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
By far the craziest weapon I've seen belongs to a certain something in Saints Row IV that I don't even think the forum rules allow me to say. If you know anything about those games, you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

A close second, also from Saints Row IV (that I actually can mention) is the Dubstep Gun. It has to be the most fun I've ever had playing a shooter. 

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mana Khemia's Flay/Gunnar's Swiss Army Sword 

It's a sword that shoots ninja stars, while being able to charge explosive blast shots, then transforming into drills of varying sizes. 

Mana Khemia had a lot of crazy weapons, like Vayne's cat, Jess's bag, and Pamela's teddy.  I love it when games do something other than the norm of swords and guns.

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's easy. This:

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Haken Browning's Night Fowl... an assault rifle with a pile bunker, a bayonet (it seems) and a retractable blade on the back. It takes skill not to shot yourself or chop your own arm while using it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azurecyan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Pot/jar from Tales of Legendia. Not the most...effective melee weapon(as she's a mage...but still)

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Several years ago, Mr Pibb put out a promotional fps game for the pc where you burp at zombies.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Prongenator 3000 from DeathSpank:

Olivier

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I play Unison League for mobile phones and some of the weapons include: turkey leg, frozen fish, candy cane, the list goes on and on and on...

Lizard19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Both from Saints Row IV, the Merica, and any of the melee weapons

Talotta91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The name of the game escapes me at the moment, but a rainbow unicorn gun that's bullets are farts.

- jiro -

Persona User
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Xenoblade X's laser katana on a giant Skell.

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@captainproton Once I found *ahem* said weapon, I don't think I ever used any other weapon for the rest of the game (unless a mission demanded it). Aside from being hilarious, melee weapons in that game are just plain brutal. After a few power-ups, it was so easy to one-shot someone with a swift purple smack to the head.

Anyway, it's hard to single out a few wacky weapons because they seem to be getting increasingly common and thus less wacky. However the Tales of games come to mind, with things like the kendama (ball and cup toy), pendulum (little metal whip coiled into the user's glove), hairpins (which were just the equipment, the person actually fought with her hair itself), and that weird thing that Pubert had in Graces that shifted into a spear, bow, daggers, or guns depending on the skill.

Baten Kaitos had a couple odd things, like an oar, a chakram that conducted magic, and a gun that shot sonic energy and was represented by trumpets, french horns, euphoniums, and tubas.

I've never played Bloodborne, but reading up on it, it looks to have a lot of crazy weapons. My vote goes to the giant chariot wheel you carry off your shoulder. It can expand into two wheels connected by a short axle, and be spun around to provide buffs or pull off combos. Pretty weird but looks fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baytars