What's the most events you've had on one map?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Around 830 on one of my larger RM2K3 maps. Using events to detect monster aggro range and for animated flowers adds up to the event count very rapidly. And the map still runs smooth as butter somehow. Such is the power of RM2K3.

divinelight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I have never used more than 20 maybe *RM2k/RM2k3*
will the fps drop if using 830 events like that?

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think realistically, about 20-30. Most of which are copy/pasted forms of triggers or parallel events that keep up with environmental coordinates, etc.

I'm extremely impressed if some of y'alls comments are true...I mean having more than a few hundred events on a single map is a LOT of work on its own...hope that 1 map is filled with content!

I feel like if I added the total. number of events in my entire game, then yeah, I'd say around maybe 600-1,000 events total or so. Though I'm one of those people that likes to break down my game into smaller maps, bit. by bit. I only really have 1 "giant" map.

SundialShark

To Idyllic Times
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Somewhere in the thousands. You can still spawn in as many events way past 999 as you want, it seems, via scripts. Most of the events on some of my maps are due to allowing the player to place buildings, trees, etc. in-game.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Over 15000. Yes, I didnt type it wrong, 15 thousand.

I was making use of spawn event functions to dynamically spawn and erase events for specific needs.

I ended up having to find and fix rpg maker mv's core scripts related to image handling to fix the lag that erased events were causing, but it works fine now.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to General Discussion. Thank you.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmmmmmmmm.... a few hundred? Some people be thousands! That is most impressive! O_O

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a map dedicated to random monster spawns (160 on this map), but nothing in the thousands.
1637468866979.png

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've never hit the limit or used anything that spawned in new events dynamically. As with Frostorm I have template maps that have a hundred or more, but I don't think I've had a map the player is meant to see have more than 50.

Even back in RM2K where I had to use events to make an ATB battle system I don't think I actually used that many on map events. One event is usually enough for the bulk of a scene/battle, with other events largely there for visuals.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The worst text you can get from a friend "You left your webcam on!!!
When you start recoloring your character because lawsuits are expensive:

lawsuits are bad.png
Been busy in Fort Myers and I'm spending tonight and tomorrow in Orlando. Then I go home on Tuesday by train (I take the Amtrak) and rest up before work on Wednesday.
I'm going to make a thread on the forum asking an interesting question... about the next RPG Maker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown-Tale