gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The format is terrible with no real support and the most "simple" games perform like a potato on modern phones so I ask what was the purpose of including mobile support if it's so poorly implemented for modern day mobiles and not properly supported?

A selling point? I hope people google this stuff before buying MV.

Whats the point of allowing an export to mobile devices if it sucks major donkey balls????

A reply from a MV developer and not a overzealous forum moderator would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Watch the language there please. Why don't you start by calmly stating what you find bad about the export feature and we can go from there?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Indeed - a coherent discussion will go much further than a blind rant and a demand to speak to a developer.

I'm supposing your problem is that there is poor performance on device x because of unspecified reasons y. Doing your research around these forums alone will outline why performance is poor and may even help you narrow down the range of devices where it's just plain really bad. It may also help you mitigate many of the problems on many of the devices.

Also, "modern devices" can mean a heck of a lot. I can go buy a brand new phone that runs like garbage all by itself, or wouldn't even be capable of running games in any format MV would be capable of. Calling a phone modern is completely meaningless and is really only a feel-good term designed to make your argument look like it has more weight than it does.

Please clarify your issues, politely, and there may well be people here willing to help you.

Signed,
Overzealous Moderator

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, you've given us NO information on your game at all.

Are you sure it's MV and not something about your game that's causing it? If you look around, you'll find LOTS of people complaining about laggy games, even on Windows PCs, and the reason is something THEY have done - a badly designed event, a power-hungry plugin, lots of reasons - not MV at all.

If you really want help to get your game working on a mobile device, let's ditch the ranting and the attitude that's going to make people confrontational, and give some useful information about your project, how you've gone about deployment, what device you're using, and what's happening that you need improvement on. And maybe actually ask for some help.

from an "MV developer and not a overzealous forum moderator"

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Apologies if I seemed to be ranting but I was testing MVs mobile capabilities on my recent HTC with a bare minimum project, aka a basic project converted to mobile with no major scripts or resource heavy materials and it stuttered and lagged like crazy and performed like garbage. Was the mobile export intended for next gen mobiles? Hence my question whats the point of adding a feature if it barely works. (There's no point defending it if it sucks.)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you have any events with parallel processes? Where did it stutter - throughout the game, on the title screen, in the menus? Does it seem worse on some screens than others?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I had to guess, I'd say it's likely whatever method is being used to render. I'm not the best for this (I have not had opportunity to test Android deployment, especially with my mother borrowing my tablet), but I know MV uses one of two methods to render the graphics: Canvas and WebGL. My problem comes in with not knowing which one is the one that generally works better. However, I do know that if the one that works better isn't 100% compatible (or isn't forced into using it no matter what), it defaults to the other method, and this is generally much slower of most devices.

It's a start, and I'm assuming more knowledgeable people can expand on this, or you can poke around the forums and see what people have said on the subject.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow to celebrate National Pokémon Day. :smile: What Pokémon games is everyone else playing?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piotr55