What's the specific presets of each template?

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Support' started by Parallax Panda, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    So when you create a new project you can choose from using one of several template as well as starting with an empty project.

[​IMG]

Reading the guide it only says "Template - A premade project that provides you various options to set up your game easier.", but that's not very specific (and I want to know the specifics, and if I'm missing something).
    I know the template projects come with some of the "__STaR__" resources from the DLC folder already imported and organized for you. And that some database entries (character profiles, expressions, common event examples, etc) have already been made. And then there's a short example scene of a girl in front of a park bench making use of the pre-made common events, all very nice. But is there something else I'm missing?

Also, what's the specific differences between the templates? I understand that the "Live2D Demo 720p (Script-based UI)" and the "Black Jack Example" is there to demonstrate something different from the other templates. But how much do the other four templates really vary? Maybe more than I realize?

What about Scene-based UI, Built-in UI and Script-based UI? What's the difference here?
    And what about 720p vs 1080p templates? Is the only difference that someone went into the Database/System and set the "Custom Resolution" to 1920x1080? Is there something else I'm missing here?

Thanks (to anyone who bothers to read this far).

2. ABandit

ABandit Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Scene-based UI uses scenes and imagemaps for things like menus, settings and gallery. Customizing those is as easy as replacing the pictures and adjusting hotspots. Check out this official tutorial here.
    Built-in UI is the new name of Script-based UI. You customize the position of various elements by changing a script, and can customize the appearance of the UI by changing the modular pictures that get layered to create its look (called 'skin-frame', 'skin-stretch', 'skin-tile', etc.). You can add sound effects from the database.

Parallax Panda likes this.
  3. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @ABandit
    Thank you. What about the other questions? How much does 720p and 1080p templates really differ from each other? And is there anything else that they’ve done for you in the templates that I didn’t mention (didn’t notice). Say, if I’m choose an empty project, what am I missing (that I didn’t already mention above).

4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    The difference is the size. If you mean Scene Based UI, then it would affect the scene command setup because of the resolution change.

Parallax Panda likes this.