Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So when you create a new project you can choose from using one of several template as well as starting with an empty project.

mrxyWFC.png

Reading the guide it only says "Template - A premade project that provides you various options to set up your game easier.", but that's not very specific (and I want to know the specifics, and if I'm missing something).
I know the template projects come with some of the "__STaR__" resources from the DLC folder already imported and organized for you. And that some database entries (character profiles, expressions, common event examples, etc) have already been made. And then there's a short example scene of a girl in front of a park bench making use of the pre-made common events, all very nice. But is there something else I'm missing?

Also, what's the specific differences between the templates? I understand that the "Live2D Demo 720p (Script-based UI)" and the "Black Jack Example" is there to demonstrate something different from the other templates. But how much do the other four templates really vary? Maybe more than I realize?

What about Scene-based UI, Built-in UI and Script-based UI? What's the difference here?
And what about 720p vs 1080p templates? Is the only difference that someone went into the Database/System and set the "Custom Resolution" to 1920x1080? Is there something else I'm missing here?

Thanks (to anyone who bothers to read this far).

ABandit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Scene-based UI uses scenes and imagemaps for things like menus, settings and gallery. Customizing those is as easy as replacing the pictures and adjusting hotspots. Check out this official tutorial here.
Built-in UI is the new name of Script-based UI. You customize the position of various elements by changing a script, and can customize the appearance of the UI by changing the modular pictures that get layered to create its look (called 'skin-frame', 'skin-stretch', 'skin-tile', etc.). You can add sound effects from the database.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ABandit
Thank you. What about the other questions? How much does 720p and 1080p templates really differ from each other? And is there anything else that they’ve done for you in the templates that I didn’t mention (didn’t notice). Say, if I’m choose an empty project, what am I missing (that I didn’t already mention above).

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The difference is the size. If you mean Scene Based UI, then it would affect the scene command setup because of the resolution change.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CertainPerson