Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mystic_Enigma
I thought it was a rat detective. xD
I do like the avatar, it has a unique characteristic
of mysterious but cute at the same time.

@Finnuval
I think my view about you is kinda accurate.
I always see you as "mad scientist" of some sorts.
Wise, but also fun and a little weird (in a good way).
I don't like to put people into certain categories,
but your personality truly represent Aquarian qualities.
That's cool. :D

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EpicFILE I can live with being a 'mad scientist' lol

Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Leon Scott Kennedy. This rookie police officer is one of the survivors of Raccoon City Incident. And yeah, you know the rest. My first Resident Evil game was actually Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, but somehow I like RE2 much than 3. It was because RE2 have gatling gun actually :3 I love gatling gun and M4.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zeecry
I'm a bit confused to see Leon with that hair color. xD
My first RE was RE4. In that game, he had a silver-ish hair.
Apparently he has light brown hair in previous installments. :D

Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zeecry
I'm a bit confused to see Leon with that hair color. xD
My first RE was RE4. In that game, he had a silver-ish hair.
Apparently he has light brown hair in previous installments. :D
Emg ya? Iya sih sblmnya rambut coklat wkwk

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zeecry
Iyah om wkwk
(kok rasanya aneh ngobrol bahasa Indo di thread) xD

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my current avatar (colored Yin und Yang ) was my earlier Art try to show that this symbol can also be made outside of "black&white".. its a bit like thinking outside the box, because traditionaly that symbol is supposed to be in black&white
(also the colors i used are not perfect,because the bright yellow should be a bit more green/neonYellow to include the "blue part" aswell.. but it shows allready what i wanted.. that colors affect each other and are related to its backround)

Last edited:

Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zeecry
Iyah om wkwk
(kok rasanya aneh ngobrol bahasa Indo di thread) xD
Dah dah, back to English wkwk but I will use wkwk to laugh right now. RE2 also have some special place in my life. I'm looking for this RE2 disc with my parent for a half day when I was 4th grade. And I still can't find the disc after a whole day searching from one shop to another. I was so desperate, it was a great game. Before we decided to go home, my dad did some conversation with the shop owner, they talked about PS2. I thought it would be another "just chit-chat" about PS2, but finally I got my own PS2 :D so it's like when I'm trying to get Leon in PS1, I got Leon in PS2 instead XD

Froggo32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont have avatar rn, lol
The story behind not having avatar is this:
When I first joined the forum, I had disgusted and shocked Edward Elric on my avatar pic. Ah yes, FMA, the manga of culture. But, after a couple of months, I changed it to lenny face with christmas hat because it was christmas. But I didnt like that avatar: on 2nd day of Christmas, I deleted it. So, now, I dont have avatar lol

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I started with RPG Maker VX and always found Ralph kinda interesting as a character (the main VX Hero), maybe it was his spiky hair or his armour, dunno...really.
But I didn't feel like using his default design or name without any change at all, it felt uninspired imho.

I just killed him off and resurrected him as an undead evil overlord, basically a villain, thats why the nickname I use is Dalph and not Ralph (Dead Ralph or Dark Ralph).

My version of Ralph has green hair and they are not spiky anymore, he doesn't really wear soldier armour like Ralph does, but uses capes with hoodies or dark coats with mantles, also has pale skin and red eyes, with the left eye glowing (because I have a scar there IRL).

The avatar I use is him, drawn by the talented Archeia here.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mines are usually my main character from my RPG. his name is Mike Barnes and this particular one his him doing his "limit break" like attack. it's actually interesting to see what and why people have the avatars they have.

Testtubebaby

Wizard of the woods
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@EpicFILE Indeed, it was the outfit I was wearing at the time. Coincidentally, all of my robes are the same color, and my hats are all nearly identical, so I still look very similarly to this to this day.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan
The avatar looks catchy,
I always remember about SRPG Engine whenever I see your avatar. :D

@Froggo32
Since your username have "frog" in it,
don't you think it's a good idea to have a frog as the avatar? xD

@Dalph
Oh, that's why he seems kinda familiar. o_o
That's also why he have certain "main character" aura.
Apparently it's the dark version of Ralph. xD

@zerobeat032
It looks cool, reminds me of Vegeta's "Final Flash". xD

@TheoAllen
Wow, another avatar thread has existed 2 years ago. o_o
I didn't realize it. xD
I like the idea of approval stamp, it seems fun. :D

kiyasu

Professional Illustrator and Character Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@EpicFILE I really like the laptop part XD Your story also reminds me of junior high school things. ^^
@ShadowDragon I also think your avatar looks like some Mortal Kombat thing XD
@Zeecry Awesome handsome guy! Totally gave me Crawd C. Kenny and Ronyx J. Kenny thoughts right away! (These characters are from Star Ocean: the Second Story, Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, Star Ocean EX, and Star Ocean: Second Evolution.

Now, time to write about the story behind my avatar:

kiyasu_reeruro-02.png -> kiyasu_reeruro-04.jpg

(Did anyone actually notice that I changed my avatar quite recently?! XD)

I wrote a bit about the character behind my avatar here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-christmas-illustration-of-kiyasu-oka.131371/

Reeruro, the name of the character in the avatar, is my design work of a fictional character I designed in around 2009. She doesn't look like me in person at all. (I think? Well, @EpicFILE, you know what I look like in person, so maybe you can tell me your thoughts? XD I think I look nothing like her though.)

She became the mascot of both Kiyasu Green (the name of my Web site) and my old business card:

kiyasu-oka_illust-83.jpg

The original illustration of her used in my old business card:

kiyasu-oka_illust-04.jpg

Reeruro's appearance on my site's 200x40 and 88x31 link banners:

kiyasu_200x40.gif kiyasu_88x31.gif

Some more Reeruro appearances in some of my older art works:

kiyasu-oka_illust-06.jpg

kiyasu-oka_illust-57.jpg kiyasu-oka_illust-98.jpg

Some more Reeruro "eye candy" here:

kiyasu-oka_illust-05.jpg
(Reeruro's main colors are actually only blue and white, but I wanted to draw a "Purple Reeruro" at the time of creating this illustration.)

kiyasu-oka_illust-01.jpg

kiyasu-oka_illust-happy-holidays-2020.jpg

I used to be a part of online letter writing worlds many, many years ago. During that time I would send maybe 700+ handwritten letters or cards within a year. So I would send and receive a lot of handwritten letters and mail, and I often and accidentally used Reeruro as a kind of mail delivery mascot on my envelopes and cards back then. Here's one example:

kiyasu-oka_illust-93.jpg

At that time I would say that Reeruro is NOT a "ghost," but a "spirit who hates being called a ghost." Interestingly enough, though, this might have sort of influenced me behind the concept of this Ghost Post concept I did back then:

kiyasu-oka_illust-19.jpg

kiyasu-oka_illust-42.jpg

Anyway, after all these many years of having the same business card design, I suddenly felt like changing my card in September 2020. So I had my new cards designed and professionally printed that month, and started using them and handing them out to people since October 2020:

kiyasu_business-card.jpg

I joined this forums in August 2020, but I had no avatar at all until sometime in November when I started using the avatar on the right below:

kiyasu_reeruro-01.png kiyasu_reeruro-02.png
(These two images above were made years ago, and I can't seem to find the Photoshop files for them any more.)

However, the problem with the avatar on the right is that if you go to my profile page, it would be too small for the size there, hence "stretched" there. I didn't like that. I didn't really like the "stretched" avatar but could not find the original Photoshop files either.

Then, this month (December 2020), when I kind of needed to create a Bandcamp fan account because one of my game's composers gave me redeem codes to his music, I found that it was not possible to use this avatar because the dimensions have to be a certain size. This was when I decided I needed a new avatar.

So, I started with this new one I made:
0022635455_41.jpg

I changed my forum avatar to this new avatar, but then I didn't like how it was displayed in this forums, and quickly changed back. It displayed well on my Bandcamp fan account but not on this forums. Then, I was curious and asked @EpicFILE what he thinks of both avatars, and in summary, he said he liked the old avatar more but prefer the background in the new avatar. So, this eventually led me to change my avatar design to this:

kiyasu_reeruro-04.jpg

Anyway, if anyone actually noticed I recently changed my avatar, I would like to know XD

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed the story behind Reeruro! ^^
Kiyasu

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kiyasu I didn't notice that at all, that mine look like mortal kombat might be semi true while that
one use a dragon Ibelieve (long time I played that game).

this is my 2nd logo (animated) if you click on it made by someone that helped me and he like
making coins, so I fix some minor pixels in it, and use it by than, it has something :)

It doesn't rotate 100% in the center, but I dont mind, but it's also interesting that some have
a story behind the avatar.

but most avatars I use around most sites are tigers :D

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kiyasu
Wow, the history of your avatar is quite long
(going back to 2009, that was when I just entered Junior High School). xD
I don't think your avatar looks like you,
but the avatar definitely reflects your positive vibe as a person.
I like the soft color pallete and there's a feeling of friendliness. :D

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Naruto is my 2nd favorite anime of all time (DBZ being my 1st), and Itachi happens to be my favorite character (considered to be one of the best characters from the majority of the fanbase). He's a genius who's born with great talent, typical tragic past, fights for good but has to wear the mantle of a villain to hide the truth about his clan. One of the most complex & tragic characters who's also a real badass in battle.

The version I'm using though is his sad face because of how depressing life is for me, what with my health gradually declining & losing my mom to cancer on the 2nd. The year 2020 will notoriously go down as one of the worst years in recent times, and things will only get worse :(

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
kiyasu Did noticed before December. Recent avatar looks easy on the eyes- softer background, lines blended

=

I chose an old icon that resembles to a birch leaf and applied leaf texture on it. (2016-20) Recently changed.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porkate