Zeecry

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Naruto is my 2nd favorite anime of all time (DBZ being my 1st), and Itachi happens to be my favorite character (considered to be one of the best characters from the majority of the fanbase). He's a genius who's born with great talent, typical tragic past, fights for good but has to wear the mantle of a villain to hide the truth about his clan. One of the most complex & tragic characters who's also a real badass in battle.

The version I'm using though is his sad face because of how depressing life is for me, what with my health gradually declining & losing my mom to cancer on the 2nd. The year 2020 will notoriously go down as one of the worst years in recent times, and things will only get worse :(
Same here too. I thought everything will only getting worse. Itachi might be sad if you sad too. So cheer up :3

@kiyasu I hope I could play Star Ocean :kaocry: I think Reero is better with kimono. Actually, she reminds me with some character from Monster Musume.

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've changed my avatar multiple times since I'm believing in the principle of "people will remember me by name" anyway, which ended in some funny little incidents. For example, if you're on Discord, some people know me better as "Hana" instead of "richter_h".

And as for the avatar itself, well, let's say I rarely use avatars I've made for myself.
At the time this reply is posted, I'm using Azur Lane's Edinburgh pic as my current avatar. The reason behind the avatar is... well, I like this lil' goofball maid shipgirl, that's why.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kiyasu No, I didn't notice and had to ask what the difference was. It's pretty obvious after seeing your comparison here though.

It's cool that you have a story behind your avatar. Mine is just that I was sick of seeing the character I made in the MV generator. I recently made slimes for my current project so decided to just enhance one of those for my avatar.

Edit: I'm a huge Dragon Quest fan so that had a huge influence.

Last edited:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In college I would often have a few hours of off time between classes, and I'd hang out around campus. While I initially tried to make it through all 4 years of college without stepping foot in a single library, in my third year a final project which required 10 books as sources made this impossible, and in the process I learned how great the libraries on campus actually were. It was my new between-classes hangout.

Sometimes in the library (since power outlets were ample) I would take out my laptop and do some doodling on Photoshop Elements, and then play around with filters to see how cool I could make it look. The picture in my avatar is probably my favorite doodle I ever made. At the time I was heavily inspired by the excellent Civilization IV and its incredibly beautiful Title Screen - you can't watch the sun rising over our Earth while listening to music like that and not feel something. As my doodle started to look more and more like a planet, my mind immediately thought of that title screen sequence and I decided, let me make this picture into something like that.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Wavelength
Whenever I see your avatar, it always reminds me of
T-Square's "Groove Globe" album cover.
[IMG width="213px"]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-M8mypGaUhMg/XnuLvo1ukvI/AAAAAAAAFuQ/nPODeD74yGgJeuO4jeBwVgL0gMYl7iEDACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/GROOVE%2BGLOBE.jpg[/IMG]
Other than that, it also reminds me of this beautiful music:
So looking your avatar always put me in a good mood,
because it reminds me of this music. xD

It's really interesting how our memory works,
it makes us associate stuff with another stuff.
Based on your story, it seems that your avatar also reminds you
of a beautiful memory of yours (the memory of Civilization IV title).
That's also the case when I see your avatar, but for me it's a different memory. :D

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's really interesting how our memory works,
it makes us associate stuff with another stuff.
Based on your story, it seems that your avatar also reminds you
of a beautiful memory of yours (the memory of Civilization IV title).
That's also the case when I see your avatar, but for me it's a different memory. :D
I love the way you put this! Yes, a lot of the images I like to keep around, whether as an avatar, a background on my desktop or phone, or a picture on my wall, or anything else, are the ones that are deeply rooted to a good memory. :)

Very cool song you linked, as well!

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Out of boredom:

It's from a little known series called "There She Is!!" that was originally on New Grounds. It is currently a 5 part series with plans for a sixth part being crowd-funded. It's Korean (near as I can tell, anyway) and tells a story through images and animation rather than any dialogue or words. Each video has music that conveys the feeling of the video quite well, even if you can't actually understand the lyrics (isn't it amazing how universal music is?).

At the time the first video came out, I was dating a gal who showed it to me. This was... back when I was a teenager, I think. 16, maybe? Insert typical "first love" story here about that relationship. I actually found the animation adorable and the song quite catchy. The girl I was dating, naturally, thought it was her and me and our relationship (it wasn't. It was nothing like that. Amazing the connections the mind conjures when one is "in love").

Personally, I found myself identifying with the cat quite a lot.
In the early days of the internet, it was really quite easy for anyone who could throw around compliments and write decently well, to have a whole host of the opposite gender vying for their time and adoration. People who couldn't find affection in the real world instantly turned to the internet where they could easily get that affection. I was no exception.

Now, to be clear here, I'm not saying I was some paragon of virtue and kindness (free tip, I wasn't. Who isn't a completely terrible person as a teenager? Even in their own ways? Most people don't even know who they are until they are 20). I am also not saying I was some sort of master of romance. I wasn't. I still am not.

But, in that age of the internet, I had more girls "chasing" me than I'd wanted. Insert assumptions about how that went here with a teenage boy. My problem was that it grew "tedious". "Love" was tedious. It was a hassle. Daily interactions with those who wanted my affections was a hassle. When someone new would profess their love to me, I knew what it was. They wanted someone to shower them with affections. They wanted that person to be me. My payment was the thing hormone addled teenage boys all dream of. And... it was tedious. It was demeaning. It was fake. My big revelation at 18 was that "love was fake".

So, I identified with this cat. Chased by someone, hassled for it, annoyed by it, wanting no part of it. Showered with love and affection and not wanting it. No understanding of it.

I didn't see the rest of the series until I was an adult. I wasn't even using this cat as an avatar until much later.

With the rest of the series in place, yeah, I still identified with that cat. I'd been through relationships with half a dozen other girls by this time and only more jaded about "love" and it being "fake". In fact, I identified more with this cat as an adult than I ever had as a teenager.

Except now, this cat reflects how I treat dating and love in general. I'm not going to do any of the chasing. I don't do any of the chasing. I don't care enough to do the chasing. It's exhausting. Love can come find me if it wants me. I adopted the avatar to reflect that. This bunny chases the cat for nearly the entirety of their relationship. Much to his annoyance. But, this is largely how most of my relationships have started, and it sort of perfectly describes me as a person. I exist, I do what I do, and don't really care about if that brings me interaction with others. If someone wants something from me, they can come and chase me down. Or, they can choose to interact with me (those observant on the forums here may notice that I rarely quote or @ someone unless they've spoken to me first in a topic).

So, the avatar kind of exists as "shorthand" for my personality in general.

Now, in the last 5 years, I've found myself identifying with this cat for far different reasons. I no longer think, "love is fake". I think, "most people don't know what love is, so they've got a false definition for it". I've largely taken the same arc as this cat has, unintentionally. Chased and chased, against all reason and logic. Slowly coming around. Slowly finding something to appreciate in another person. To the point of probably caring too much. And, finally, realizing that real love is my willingness to dig through a mountain using only a spoon to get to that person. My willingness to drain the ocean with a straw. To conquer any obstacle it takes for just a smile. A SMILE. That's love.

So, this avatar stays on my profile now for a few reasons.
1. I identify with this cat on a personal level.
2. This story arc represents "Hope" for me.
3. It is an admission to the world that I can be wrong and was wrong, even if nobody knows that's what this is.

Anyway, that's the story of my avatar. Sort of. I've left out most of the detail because I don't typically like to talk about myself all that much.

What's the moral of the story here?

Go watch "There She Is!!". That's it. That's the moral of the story. It's a pretty great series. It will make you feel things. It's on YouTube now, in a somewhat "remastered" version with new scenes and such added by the original creators (which sort of wrecks part of the series now... it was better without the elaborations, but what're you gonna do? Creatives like going back and ruining their best endeavors in the vain attempt at making them better). I suggest finding it on NewGrounds if that site still exists and you can find it there. Otherwise, just YouTube it. 5 episodes long, you won't be disappointed.

LRDean_Socks

A.K.A. Socks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
My avatar is part of my current artist signature.
It's something I used to draw when I was little. Called them chubby birds. Drew them so much my mother made me a cake that looked like one for my birthday one year.
Years later I wanted a unique artist signature and the little guy came back to me.
It feels like my spirit animal or something now. He silly and simple ... likes being a couch potato.
This is the other version of the avatar I use.
bird avi sized.png

rux

I love blankets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Backstory:
I made a small little gimmick character in my project which serves are a pointer for the main menu, he seemed really funny so I decided to make a black and white version. I don't have a good mindset on what is the perfect avatar so I decided to rebrand my avatar to the iconic blue character instead of the black and white. After a few days I got bored of that character, but then I remembered that my character is facing away from the camera, why not make it face directly at you and have hands reaching out? that would be funny.
That was it, please like and subscribe and I will see you guys later, goodbye.
*Outro plays*

Leokids

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
My avatar is The Triplets,Seems to be obscure dont ya?

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My avatar. My word, a story to tell. She is my main OC and a veritable fursona / self-insert, Raziya.

About nine years ago, I had seen bits and bobs of The Lion King for the first time in years. I remembered how much I adored that movie. I got the weird idea, a prospective RPG Maker dabbler at the time: create a game in VX Ace that was a fantasy retelling of The Lion King. The idea fell through. Raziya stayed.

Over time, you could say Raziya's grown up alongside me. I've had plenty of "off-brand" versions I've made of her over the years, trying to customize her, or feeling ashamed on how focused I can be with stuff involving her. Some of those off-shoots became their own characters, such as my barbarian lioness (barbarlion ;3) Kiya.

I've pulled bits and bobs from all sorts of sources to make her a unique entity, even more than a mere Mary Sue. She's like Simba, Nala and Kiara all in one from The Lion King and its sequel. She's like the hero(ine) from Dragon Quest 3. She's like a D&D Monk (mayhap 5e and/or Pathfinder's "Unchained" revision, as most D&D Monks suck?). She's like a Dark Souls pyromancer. She's been a way to cope with parts of who I am, and what I've been through. She's like a Crouching Cinnamon Bun, Hidden Badass. She's all these things and more, even if most of it hasn't been shared or left my head in tangible form.

All I know is, I love this silly little lion of mine. If you'd met me during her inception, I'd have never guessed that she'd actually star in a couple little jam games for RPG Maker. Or what she'd become. Or what I'd become after all that time, let's be real.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is a weird cross between a memorial of one of my dogs and a personification of me and my brother as dogs. The dogs the cartoon dogs are based on are both mine, the chubby one mine who died shortly before I commissioned the art and the one with the white spot a stray at my brother's work that I picked up shortly before Sam died. In the art though they are also animalistic personifications of the two of us hanging out, the chubby dog (me) and the one with the bandana and sunglasses him. I was feeling homesick at the time, having moved 1300 odd miles away from my hometown and the isolation actually hit me a bit more profoundly than my anti-social mind initially thought it would.

If I ever actually make a game and release it this will also serve as the company/producer/whatever splashscreen, with the caption 'drunk bird dog productions' (would just be birddog productions, but that's already a copywritten entity) underneath.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uncle Iroh is a prime example of the man I want to become one day. Minus the fire bending.

bunslunch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just now, I put up the pig from ComiPo Manga Maker. I like the pig. He was a free DLC in November 2019 update. I enjoy finding the good new stuff in that good thing, on Steam.

I got rid of my old-ugly-coat-hood-hidden-face selfie, where I was posing as a hackerman stereotype. I came to common senses. LOL, it was trying to create an air of jamais vu, which is another form of the de ja vu, but for general present creepiness. It was just silly.

The pig is friendly.

studwb22

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mine is a poorly cropped image of an early logo for my Game Dev business. If it weren't cut off you can see slanted S and M for Scooter Moose Games.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No fancy story here; just my game's antagonist.
She's pretty, and powerful, and confident. In other words, everything I want. I'd date my game's antagonist is a heartbeat.
Er, ah, what were we talking about again? :3 Nothing to see here; move along.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
tomorrow is the finale of my Endurance
2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codyquakenbush