MythicRuss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyyo!
The names MythicRuss or Mythic or Russ, any who, I just wanted to say sup? to all the amazing people on this site! and thankyou to all the people that have spent many years making and adding all the amazing resources for RPG Maker on and around this site!!

So, hey a newbie to RPG Maker and to forums, I just wanted to give a bit of my time and
take a bit of your time to say a little bit about me.

I have no outstanding qualities and I'm no pro, but I do love me some vidya games and I've grown to love making a game these past couple of months!

Currently I do be spending around 2hrs a day building my game, hoping to double that to 4hrs starting tomorow actually!
We livestream the whole process too (as if you wonderful people where ever curious about watching a complete loser from Wales with no idea how to make a game , stream it hahahaha!) which has been extremely fun and fulfilling in a way!

But yeah, thanks for stopping by and reading the ramblings of a weirdo!

peace and love

Me!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyyo!
The names MythicRuss or Mythic or Russ, any who, I just wanted to say sup? to all the amazing people on this site! and thankyou to all the people that have spent many years making and adding all the amazing resources for RPG Maker on and around this site!!

So, hey a newbie to RPG Maker and to forums, I just wanted to give a bit of my time and

take a bit of your time to say a little bit about me.
I have no outstanding qualities and I'm no pro, but I do love me some vidya games and I've grown to love making a game these past couple of months!

Currently I do be spending around 2hrs a day building my game, hoping to double that to 4hrs starting tomorow actually!
We livestream the whole process too (as if you wonderful people where ever curious about watching a complete loser from Wales with no idea how to make a game , stream it hahahaha!) which has been extremely fun and fulfilling in a way!

But yeah, thanks for stopping by and reading the ramblings of a weirdo!

peace and love

Me!
Good luck on your game. I spent 6-10 hours a day and it still took me 7 months to finish. I just found this forum recently as well so I'm bouncing around.

MythicRuss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to me you are rather cheerful and chipper - a quality most welcome to us game-devs that get ground down by the process xD

Welcome and have fun
Oh and we are all weido's here :D
Hahhaha awesome! So good to know! TYSM! for taking the time to read and respond! Much love!!

I spent 6-10 hours a day and it still took me 7 months to finish.

Well at this rate I'll be done in two years hahaha, what was the game about? Also how long was the game?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well at this rate I'll be done in two years hahaha, what was the game about? Also how long was the game?
30 hour game that switches between two brothers each chapter. They have to fight off occultist and the monsters they summoned into the world. Fantasy setting. What's your project looking like?

MythicRuss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
30 hour game that switches between two brothers each chapter. They have to fight off occultist and the monsters they summoned into the world. Fantasy setting. What's your project looking like?
Oh that sounds awesome, I love stuff to do with the occult v.interesting!!!

I'm hoping to make my game around 20hrs, i'm planning on a 3-part game but part 2 will be kinda like a prequel focused on two sub-characters journey to meeting the main character so part 2 may be shorter than 20hrs not 100% on it yet...

The setting is kinda fantasy kinda sci-fi kinda not lol its a parody about a certain live-streaming platform with the streamers, mods, followers and staff members as characters its kinda an inside joke we have, so it's gonna be weird hahahaha

But so far I'm loving it!!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh that sounds awesome, I love stuff to do with the occult v.interesting!!!

I'm hoping to make my game around 20hrs, i'm planning on a 3-part game but part 2 will be kinda like a prequel focused on two sub-characters journey to meeting the main character so part 2 may be shorter than 20hrs not 100% on it yet...

The setting is kinda fantasy kinda sci-fi kinda not lol its a parody about a certain live-streaming platform with the streamers, mods, followers and staff members as characters its kinda an inside joke we have, so it's gonna be weird hahahaha

But so far I'm loving it!!
I personally wouldn't do anything in parts. If I was playing your game and I stumbled into something that transported you back or had a flashback where you got to play the two side characters I would find that more interesting. It gives you a reprieve from the story and builds on the characters, which seems to be your goal. If it took a 2-5 hours to get through it that would be cool. Maybe something from before they met the main character will help them all solve a situation that comes up or just broadens your universe I suppose. Either way. That's just me though. I see lots of people do parts but I'm a long haul type of guy.

My game is all wrapped up but I do have a trilogy in mind. The second game would take place in modern times and focus on the same world tying in with descendants from the first game though technically none of them will be your main characters. They'll be playable and join the party but there will be a primary cast. The 3rd would be a space/sci-fi setting. Probably more descendants. Big fan of stuff like castlevania and Jojo's bizarre adventures.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome to the forums! Good to have you here.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey weirdo. Oops, I mean Russ! ;)

I think you'll fit right in with the rest of us weirdos. Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your game progress!

Someone else touched on this but I absolutely love your positive vibe. Thanks for sharing your "ramblings" with us and we look forward to seeing more of you.

Peace out! :LZScool:

MythicRuss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally wouldn't do anything in parts.
Yeah great advice actually, I'm taking it! I've started expanding in my original map to include the stuff I would've added, and decided I will do a sequel to the game with a different main character!

The spin off game with the the 2 sub characters and what you said about memories gave me an idea that when I recruit new characters I'm gonna have a 'base' of sorts where the characters not in party hang out, (kinda like suikoden2) and when you go to the base to interact with them you can do optional 1-2hrs back story quests!

Welcome to the forums! Good to have you here.
Aww thanks!! Great to be here!

Hey weirdo. Oops, I mean Russ! ;)

I think you'll fit right in with the rest of us weirdos. Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your game progress!

Someone else touched on this but I absolutely love your positive vibe. Thanks for sharing your "ramblings" with us and we look forward to seeing more of you.

Peace out! :LZScool:
Wowowow so mean!!! Hahha awesome sauce! I try to stay positive at all times! Life is a gift yo! I look forward to seeing all you weirdos!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:
Stimpaks and More.png
Continued work. Still a WIP, some need some retouching. Stimpak, Radaway, Psycho, Jet, Mentats, Medex(ish/needs to be purple), bloodpack, glowing bloodpack. Made some Nuka too. Need to make Rad-X.
Nuka Sheet WIP FR.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucarioKaze