mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have two events set up: one has a graphic of a sports ball and the other is a character. The character is set to "same as Player" and has "through" on. The ball is also set to "same as Player." Now, when the character event passes through the ball, the ball is over its head. I understand that this is what happens when one event goes through another event: one is over top of the other. My question is, what determines the order? Obviously, I'd rather have the ball be on the bottom and the character on top. I tried copying the character event and then deleting the original, in order to give it a higher number ranking. That didn't work. For various reasons, I can't set the ball to "below the Player" or put "through" on for the ball. I also can't take "through" off of the character event. I have figured out a way to make this work, sort of, by putting the ball on a tilesheet and using that until I need the ball to be animated, and then switching to the animated version at that point, but I really am just curious. What determines which event appears "above" the other event when one event goes through another one.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would have thought the lower event ID would be displayed under the higher. When you copied the character event, did it actually give the new event a higher ID than the ball event? If you had deleted any other events on the map and there were "gaps" in event IDs, it would have given the new event the lowest deleted ID, not the maximum ID + 1.

mobiusclimber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it gave the new event a higher ID number, so now it's higher than the ball event. But still no dice, the character looks like he's walking under the ball.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

DamageActor1_2.png added!
index.php

Krow and Dova's Cool New Game | Release Trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ComfiCouch