When composing posts, the text area's selected text is barely highlighted.

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what I'm talking about:
forum2736487.jpg

This makes it difficult to do anything that involves selecting text (adding links, code, etc.). It's because of this in the stylesheet:

Code:
::selection{background-color:rgba(23,96,161,0.7);

Please, could somebody change this? Very annoying.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure that's a CSS issue because this is what it looks like for me. It's weird that you see it so pale.1614566621597.png

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan
Hey, that is weird. What OS/device/browser are you using? I'm on windows 7 using chrome.

Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing?

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that light highlight is harder to see. I can see why that would be annoying.

The reason the highlight looks different for you guys is that the highlights are from separate themes:
  • The Swift Light theme has the faint highlight.
  • The Swift RMW Light theme's highlight is easier to see.
Hopefully, they'll be able to improve the UI soon but you could try the other light theme for now....or come join us on the Dark side [theme]. Muahahahaha! ;)

Last edited:

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Quexp Ahhh, I didn't even know there was a choice of themes. That's better, thanks!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome and...ahhhhhh, options! :)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm on Windows 10 and Chrome, but yeah, I'm guessing I was just using the other theme from you.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i was having issue after the forum maintenance trying to use the darkside theme.
normally i would be using darkside but ever since maint it would be dark background and half the posts black text making it impossible to read anything.

edit: just tryd changing to dark again to see if it got fixed and looks like it was.
no more black on black

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, so the problem seemed to be solved. I went to Preferences and switched to a different style (Swift RMW Dark), and now it's doing it again, selected text is not highlighted. And it's doing it regardless of which style I choose.

But here's the thing: it's not doing it when I respond to a post (like now), but it does it when I create a new post.

So just to be clear: When I'm responding to an existing post, no problem. But when I'm creating a new post, and then select text in the textarea field, it is not highlighted. If you've never had that problem, believe me, it's more problematic than it sounds.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to replicate this in dark theme but the only spot I can make it happen (using Chrome on Android) is in my heading of a new post.

20210302_092020.jpg

You're having trouble in the text box where your content goes though. I'm wondering if we can pinpoint more details and rope in staff for help.

@Touchfuzzy, @Archeia
Is there a known issue/resolution for highlights not showing up in parts of the forum? In case it's something that can be fixed, what kind of info would help you figure it out?

Attachments

• 20210302_092020.jpg
    20210302_092020.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But here's the thing: it's not doing it when I respond to a post (like now), but it does it when I create a new post.
I'm using Chrome on Windows 10, Swift LIght theme and the highlight is the same for me on both replies and new threads. It's fairly light, but enough I can see it.

Enbara

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Is there a known issue/resolution for highlights not showing up in parts of the forum? In case it's something that can be fixed, what kind of info would help you figure it out?
Yes, the default Swift themes have some odd choices (as someone pointed out in another thread, we had the same thing with the previous forum software upgrade). Unfortunately with this text selection issue it seems like each instance has to be overridden separately, so thread reports like this are a big help in stamping them out.

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm happy to give helpful feedback, but Jesus, people, it's a freaking style sheet, it shouldn't be that complicated. Aren't you guys supposed to be code masters? What exactly is Degica doing all day?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavishKK