First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi is there a way to make my project
read the error file name in other language than english
now I use Thai language in event and file name
when it error it will show

audio/se/%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88-%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%B2.ogg

instead of file language name
I'm not sure
doesn't it can read every language for file name by default font?

thank you

Reizod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it use UTF8 instead of unicode maybe ? I don't know. But seeing the output, yeah he definitely can't give you these characters properly.

You can use the Ant Renamer software, that let you rename a lot of files in one click with a lot of options. So many actually that you can do almost anything that you want.
This is a workaround, you'll need to change the filename of your audio each time you called it in your RPG Maker MV, but you might be able to do it with something like Notepad++ (make a backup of your data files, open all the data files, find where is the filename of each when they're used to see with which name they're saved, replace all of them by the new name, save).

EDIT: Both of the software I mentioned are really useful, and freeware (no need to pay). Hope it'll help you or help some others people in few things.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RMMV is a browser-based game and so URL that contains foreign font will not get recognized. Yes, by URL I mean RMMV load a file as URL (have you ever encountered a URL that uses Thai fonts?). If you're doing it in an event, it is fine. But do not do this in a filename unless you want to get that conversion.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as explained above, all filenames have to obey the networking rules to be handled by any HTML5-based game.
That means only latin letters, arabic numbers and a very limited number of special signs like !$_
Any non-latin letter or even a space inside a filename can't be handled by browsers, that is why those letters are replaced by %-number-codes in error messages like you got.

There are overrides with which windows and the different other operating systems try to force browsers to handle those other letters, but those overrides work only in a limited way and can't handle deployment over different devices either.
Your only option is to rename the files into something using latin letters only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuneWagic