When I try to make a character collapse he just disapears?

nejiijen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make a cut scene where the main character kills the king. The only problem is when I get to the room the kings in he isnt there. I've set an event to play out and for him to go to the collapsed animation i've set self switch to A on both event pages and put the actor on the second page as the dead king and he is still not visible when I go in the room, the event doesn't even play out when it's on auto run. Anybody have any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a page where his event graphic is blank? If so, what are the conditions for that page?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most likely you got something wrong with the conditions, activatin the wrong page at the moment you play.

As Zalerinian said, we need to know what pages you have and how you did set up the conditions on them - preferably by screenshot.

nejiijen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
There are the screenshots if its a rookie mistake i made its because its my first time using the program hah

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunaly I can only load the first picture, not the second and third at the moment.

From seeing that picture I can guess a few things however...

1) That page is set with the condition "self switch A = ON".

That means it will never go as first part and can only appear if the self-switch is turned on on the second page (which I can't see).

That also means that the autorun of that page will not trigger until the other page sets the self-switch to ON.

Regularly if you make an autorun event, the first page with the autorun trigger should have NO conditions set, but it should use a control self-switch-command to activate a self-switch (after all commands were done once), and the second page should be empty and conditioned on that self-switch. That way the first autorun page will run only once (it will loop if you don't use a switch to turn it to another page).

So best guess is that you got confused between the command to control self-switches and the condition checking the self-switches.

Please go back to the eventing tutorials and learn how to use the conditions properly, because otherwiseyour events will never trigger (or at the wrong pages).

Last edited by a moderator:

nejiijen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Wheres the eventing tutorial? I wasnt given one 0.0

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

nejiijen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nejiijen, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Edit your previous post if you've got something to add, and please read our rules and check out some of the tutorials.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 3 more days to get your copy of Move That Box! with -15% discount!
1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking