LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After googling it 30 times in 30 different ways it seems I'm the only person who's ever had this problem?
Only tileset graphics are affected by this.
It is blurry whether it's in full screen or not.
The tiles are fine, the events and player are fine, but when I set an event to a tile graphic it makes it blurry.
I guess I could work around it by making separate sprite sheets for some of the tiles, but if there's an easy fix for this that would make it easier.

Here's an example. This screenshot is NOT full-screen.
For the last time Google, full screen is NOT the problem, for crying out loud! It's driving me up the wall!
ice_screenshot_20220922-231009.png
Hopefully you can see how the teddy bear and window are significantly more blurry then the rest of it. (because they are events using tileset graphics)
Also, there's a static effect in-game, so that's what the noise is. That has nothing to do with the blur, it's intentional and not a problem.

Thankyou for your time ^.^

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might help if you could add to your post what the bear and window look like on the tilesheet. To me, the overall style is so pixelated that I don't discern a difference between them and their surroundings.

Are you using any kind of zoom or other camera control plugin?

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might help if you could add to your post what the bear and window look like on the tilesheet. To me, the overall style is so pixelated that I don't discern a difference between them and their surroundings.

Are you using any kind of zoom or other camera control plugin?
If you can't see the difference then I can't help you. The other pixels are much more crisp, it's rather obvious to me.

I actually fixed it by accident. I update my RPG Maker to NWJS 64 a while back, and just updated it to NWJS 49.2 instead, and it seems to be running much smoother, and the tiles no longer are blurry.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can't see the difference then I can't help you.
You can, in fact - I told you how (and that comes across as unnecessarily brusque to someone who's offering helpful suggestions). Of course, if you've gotten it resolved then that's not necessary.

Good luck with your game.

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can, in fact - I told you how (and that comes across as unnecessarily brusque to someone who's offering helpful suggestions). Of course, if you've gotten it resolved then that's not necessary.

Good luck with your game.
Sorry, I didn't mean to.
I just meant that the teddy bear especially looks significantly less crisp then the girl for instance.
You do have to look closely at it to really notice it well though.

And thankyou.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To me, it just looks like the colours aren't as saturated. Do the images all come from the same set?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_1.png added!
index.php

I have a very strong feeling my internet will be hurricane'd, forcing me to work exclusively on my projects. Wish me luck y'all.
Figured I should probably put my badly written RMMV plugins on GitHub or something, idk.
I've been working on plugins to make it easier to incorporate Persona 3's Once More batsys into MV games. One makes it so you can have states automatically applied to the target and/or user when their hit crits or targets a weakness... I could use testers for it, though. Maybe I'll make a thread in the JS Plugins In Development board about it?
Whenever I'm feeling down I like to watch Bardic Inspiration by Deerstalker Pictures
on youtube. Because 'my mockery is Vicious.' It's funny and catchy like the flu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strangefangs