Blissonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone !

I am looking for the tutorial "Anatomy of an autotiles", and unfortunately with this link I only access the blog homepage...
I tried to search manually in the tutorials category, but it looks like we have no access to old publications (older than 11/08/2020).

How can we see this tutoriel or at least old posts ?
Can we find this post in the forum if it's no longer accessible on the blog (i tried to search here with keywords, but nothing) ?

Thanks !

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was never posted in tutorials, only the blog post. I hope it’s not list as it was a valuable article. @Touchfuzzy Do you know if it is still available?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
They do seem to be inaccessible from the current site. We'll probably have to wait until they're re-added or something alike.

In the meantime @Blissonic, I've found the autotile tutorial you're looking for through the wayback machine.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mentioned this problem already one or two months ago (that the new blog no longer had the old tutorials), but at that time you could still access the old blog through the forum link - that now also doesn't work.

Blissonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@slimmmeiske2

Thank you very much, I completely forgot i can use wayback machine !
Hope the blog to be fixed soon !

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The old blog has been taken down. We're looking at adding some of the important pieces to the new blog but haven't had the time (I have local access to stuff on my hard drive)

Wayback machine is the best method at the moment.

Thanks!

Blissonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy

Yes it must be time consuming to have to add everything that is no longer accessible (that represents a lot of years !).

Until the archives come back, would rewriting this blog post in the forum be a good idea? (crediting the original author of course) ?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll copy paste it. As I'm the original author :p.

That is actually not the best version of it, I wrote another version that is a better explanation that was done for MV. Let me find it.

EDIT: Here I added the later version of it to the blog. I have another post that walks through making them that I'll add later in the week.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Winter Cover.png
Peeps, can we just take some time to appreciate the mods here? They're so friendly, and they're always there for us when we need help. Now that I've been here for two years, I want to thank the mods and admins for keeping it positive here on the forum. They're the reason I've stayed so long! Here's to you!
If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kin_jpg