KB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Does anyone know where I can find free-for-commercial-use open-source scripts to:

Allow side view battles
Have the party members fight one or two at a time instead of the whole party at once
Have an inventory for party members that is separate from the player character, like for monster-catching games.

Does anyone know where I can find:

Free-for-commercial-use open-source resources, such as player character sprites and tilesets
Easy-to-follow guides on using the Ruby Game Scripting Language.

More info:

I would like to learn how to manipulate RPG Maker XP to do what I want it to do without having to rely on scripts or assets that prevent the games I make from being made available commercially, even though I may not ever sell them anyway.

Last edited:

KB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Side-view battles:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
For scripts, besides the few shared on this forum, there's also Chaos Project and Save Point that have a lot of XP scripts.

For resources, we have the XP resources forum here. Avery also has an old thread (so there might be few broken links) about where to find resources:

For learning Ruby, there's sites like rubymonk and codeacademy.

KB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I may learn best using Ruby code in a project, so maybe I'll check out the XP scripts. If there's a Ruby course that focuses on building games, I may try it, too.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol
Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainingLamppost