LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been able to find bases, and even some 2 tile high characters, but what I want
is a full set of characters, enough for a complete game.
The game doesn't have to be amazing with tons of characters, I just want most of
the default characters the come with MV to be remade in a 2-tile high style.
I saw one recommended in a Toasty Time video that also had some face remakes, but I can't
find the video, and I can't find it on google, so I'm not sure where to look.
Maybe someone knows what I'm referring too.
If someone could help out, that'd be great! :D
Thanks in advance.

Problem solved, I found the video scrolling through his channel.
Here it is if you wanna look at it :

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im pretty sure that you can reSize every Character Image in order to be bigger like you mentioned it.
The Image has to be in the right Size,i made this once for an Oger but i used info from the forum here for the right image size and dont remember more details,sry.
Here are 2 Images with diefferent Sizes,they both work in rpg but the Oger is bigger als well as the whole Char Image.
if u resize Img1 to the Size of Img2 this should work..
(not tested)
IMG1
Monster.png.png
IMG2
<snip>
edit1 (size info)
img1 = 576px width _ 384px length (default size)
img2 = 1152px width _ 768px length (double size)

edit2
sry for reposting the Oger IMG ,of course its not made by me and i dont wanted to claim it as made by me ,it was just the only Eg i had for the size ..
(however the IMG size is shown in edit1 so the Img itself isnt needed^^)

Last edited:

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im pretty sure that you can reSize every Character Image in order to be bigger like you mentioned it.
The Image has to be in the right Size,i made this once for an Oger but i used info from the forum here for the right image size and dont remember more details,sry.
Here are 2 Images with diefferent Sizes,they both work in rpg but the Oger is bigger als well as the whole Char Image.
if u resize Img1 to the Size of Img2 this should work..
(not tested)
edit (size info)
img1 = 576px width _ 384px length
img2 = 1152px width _ 768px length
You misunderstand, I meant "where can I find" not "how do I make".
I know how to make sprites that are bigger, I was just looking for them.
I found what I was looking for though, so it's all good.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You misunderstand, I meant "where can I find" not "how do I make".
I know how to make sprites that are bigger, I was just looking for them.
I found what I was looking for though, so it's all good.
well i mean, this way you can use any char - maker and resize the self made chars..

However since this is solved,it makes no difference^^

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can reSize every Character Image in order to be bigger like you mentioned it.
no, you misunderstood what the OP wanted. Resizing a sprite distorts it, and is not what most of the community considers "tall sprites".

If you check the original "chibi" sprites, you see tiny bodies with oversized heads. "Tall Sprites" means more realistical proportions where the body is larger, but the head either stays the size or is even shrunk down for better proportions.
And that can't be done by a general resize, it is much more work to either redraw the sprite or to split it and only resize the body part before adding the head again.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@Dopan I removed the second image as that resource is made by Avery and she doesn't allow reposting.
@LUKElcs I see you've discovered Bis style, but in case you want more options Avery made a list of all different tall styles made for MV.

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[MOVE]Resource Requests[/MOVE]
@Dopan I removed the second image as that resource is made by Avery and she doesn't allow reposting.
@LUKElcs I see you've discovered Bis style, but in case you want more options Avery made a list of all different tall styles made for MV.
Yes, I saw Avery's though Bis Style was the one I was specifically what I was looking for. Avery's is really good too though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lguruji206