WHERE can you sell your game? What are the requirements?

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by Shaz, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, we're getting WAY off topic now, folks. This is meant to be a LIST of where you can distribute your game and what you need to do to get it there. If you have questions or want to discuss other stuff, please start a new thread.

2. aerocom

aerocom Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    I am working with FireFlower Games right now, they are a fantastic little website that needs some love. They are a bit new, but they know what to do. But do mind that their website's currency is based off of Euros.

www.fireflowergames.com

3. Indinera

Indinera Indie Dev Veteran

First Language:
    French
    What exactly are you doing for them?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
  4. Mouser

Mouser Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if this is on-topic or not, but I think it falls into the "What do I need to do to get there?" part.

This is a site that I've gotten a lot of good information from (Sloper is also a moderator on the gamedev forums). More of a 'teaching you how to fish' than 'giving you a fish' type of thing, but if you're seriously considering going the commercial route, you've got to learn this stuff sometime. A few of the FAQ's are specifically on how to find, and more importantly how to contact, publishers and pitch your game. Others deal with other parts of the process.

None of it is RPG maker specific, which I think is a Good Thing. Most gamers have never heard of RPG Maker and wouldn't really care even if they did. All they care about isĀ  "Does this game provide me with enough entertainment to be worth handing over hard earned cash for?"

Edit: You can click on "List of Tom's Games" near the top of the left hand pane if you're wondering who this guy is and why you should care what he has to say about the gaming industry.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
    Dirtnap and Shaz like this.
  5. Kawasoft

Kawasoft Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    What about Steam?

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm going to lock this.

If you have a website and want to host games, please PM me to get onto the list on the first page. Your website will ONLY be added if you have a decent number of RPG Maker games there already - this forum is to support game developers wanting to sell their games, not to support people who want to start new websites and make money by selling other's games. You have to be already well-established.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.