Where did you buy RPG Maker MV (or any RPG Maker) from?

Meteodros

Grape Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Inklish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got RPG Maker MV and VX Ace from Steam, because I can admire how long I've devoted my time to RPG Maker (730+ hours)...

Where did you guys get it from? Steam? The website? (I don't actually know any other places to get RPG Maker from...)

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like the Steam version more and that's what I have, has cool stuff like cards, emoticons, backgrounds, workshop, plus Steam keeps track for how many hours you use it (it's not really useful but nice). I think I have over 1750 hours with MV so far. :p

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got mine from the website, and didn't bother with Steam for MV. That is because I hated how the steam cloud messed with my version of VXAce, forcing me to finally hide my projects from the cloud so it would stop synching them.

Meteodros

Grape Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Inklish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph™ 1750 hours...? I need to get working more... 

Meteodros

Grape Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Inklish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
5000 hours...? Oh my, that's a long time indeed... I got RPG Maker later than it's release, but I haven't been on today because I've got what some may call writer's block... 

Oh my, we're getting way off topic...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A few of the people in my Steam friend list have over 5000 hours. :D  

For MV? It's barely been out long enough for that to be possible unless they leave it open all the time. In fact, that has to be what they are doing, as there is only 8760 hours in a year (non leap years), and MV hasn't been out a year yet, and you usually sleep 33% of that, then there's time for work, so...yeah, they have to be leaving it permanently on. So @meteodros, don't feel bad, you can get to 5000+ hours by leaving it on too!

Meteodros

Grape Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Inklish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For MV? It's barely been out long enough for that to be possible unless they leave it open all the time. In fact, that has to be what they are doing, as there is only 8760 hours in a year (non leap years), and MV hasn't been out a year yet, and you usually sleep 33% of that, then there's time for work, so...yeah, they have to be leaving it permanently on. So @meteodros, don't feel bad, you can get to 5000+ hours by leaving it on too!

Hahahaha, maybe I should, but I'd get done by my parents for wasting too much money and that sorta thing...

Can't believe I took that literally, but I have got autism, so whatever...

At this rate, we may as well make some sort of thread titled "how long have you spent in RPG Maker"...

ShinNessTen

Valedictorian of Wonderland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I gotta admit that i first have not legally owned RPG maker VX Ace... then after it was announced on Steam, i wanted to pay for it, since i'm using these engines to create games and spend 1000 of hours in it... that just wouldn't be fair.

With that said, i only have a max of 16 hours on ACE... and god knows how many hours i've put into the original VX. (Probably around 3k i dunno...)

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
For MV, I have on Steam. RM2k through Humble Bundle, DRM-free, RM2k3 through Steam. For RMXP and RMVX, I picked them up before Degica started handling publishing.

VXA, on the other hand, I own both through Steam, and the Japanese retail release- I actually picked it up at the Yodobashi in Chiyoda right when it initially released, and boy, was that a massive chunk out of the wallet.

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Steam, it's easier that way.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I bought RMXP from Amaranthia/Aveyond Kingdom years ago. I also bought a Humble Bundle that included a steam key for XP a few years ago, though I don't use Steam for RMXP.

I won a Steam key of Ace through this site, used coupons from a Humble Bundle to buy RM2000 and RM2003 steam keys from Humble Bundle. I preordered MV from this site, which gave me both the stand alone version and the Steam version. I use the Steam version primarily. :) Lastly, I bought VX through this site during a sale.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought Ace, XP, and MV from this site. Not a fan of having them on Steam, since Steam can disconnect on occasions, and I like to have RM open at all times, which also means I would have to close it if I want to play any game on Steam. So nope. A lot more comfortable to be able to launch it outside of Steam. Steam is for games for me, not serious game-making.

Amarysse

Ubiquitous Gimmick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I first started using RM2k with the old Don Miguel fanslation, and have kept up with it since. Bought XP and VXAce from the site (then later bought VXAce again through Steam during a sale!) then bought MV from Steam. Then bought 2k largely as penance for the many hours I spent using the fan translated version! :)

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I bought VX, VXA and MV from the store and the others (xp, 2k, 2k3) from Steam. I primarily use VXA and MV and since I got it offline, I don't have to worry about disconnection issues (inets are crap here).

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I purchased a steam key for RPG Maker MV from G2A.
I've purhcased VX and VX Ace during steam sales, but I feel that G2A has some of the best deals around for video games.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got Ace from steam. 2510 hours and I regret nothing! 

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VX Ace: Bought it a couple months after it was released.

MV: Pre-ordered it off the website.  It came with a Steam key so that's what I mostly use it on.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAlexG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got MV from steam. I also got VX Ace from it. Only reason is while they do come out much later, it's easier to keep track of any resources and all that come up for the engine. 

I'm kinda lazy like that. :X

SteveChopz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Just grabbed it on Steam myself.

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annas2n