Where do YOU get your non-RTP BGM/SE for games?

J_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
N/A
For BGM try http://soundimage.org/. Eric is a very good musician. He charges a small fee for his music to be used commercially,

I have to correct you on this. According to his site:

The music and soundscapes on this site are all original (composed and performed by me) and are free to use for both non-commercial projects (projects not intended to make money) as well as commercial projects (projects intended to make money.)

Did Eric himself told you that he charges a small fee for commercial use?

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have to correct you on this. According to his site:

Did Eric himself told you that he charges a small fee for commercial use?

It seems he did changed his licenses agreement. When I first used his stuff it originally wasn't free. I actually come from the Unity forum originally. A while back he used to charge 5 dollars per album. I did a quick check and it seems he declared his music free in this post.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/all-music-at-soundimage-org-is-now-free-for-commercial-use.251758/

It has been a while since I used anything from him (AKA a few years like 2013) I am glad to see he did change his licenses. I am sorry for any confusion that was given. 

J_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems he did changed his licenses agreement. When I first used his stuff it originally wasn't free. I actually come from the Unity forum originally. A while back he used to charge 5 dollars per album. I did a quick check and it seems he declared his music free in this post.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/all-music-at-soundimage-org-is-now-free-for-commercial-use.251758/

It has been a while since I used anything from him (AKA a few years like 2013) I am glad to see he did change his licenses. I am sorry for any confusion that was given. 

Cool. //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif I'm glad his stuff is really free. Not that would mind paying him 5 bucks for an album, since his music is amazing.

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For free to use;

SE: Freesoundproject

BGM: Macleod's Incompotech, Bensound and Soundimage

Then some commissioned stuff (especially BGM) and and some SE's I created myself over the years.

Olivier

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't understand a thing. [IMG]//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif[/IMG]

lol use chrome it has auto-translate...at least that's what I do

Azurecyan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
For BGMs I make them myself using Finale. If I had a PC again, I'd use it along FLStudio. 

I find SEs from freesound so long as they're free for both non-commercial and commercial.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin