Where do you like to brainstorm?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Kairnoct, May 21, 2017.

1. Kairnoct

Kairnoct Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wanting to make a thread about good places or activities people have found work well to get their ideas flowing.

Personally, I have many good story, or otherwise writing, ideas on slow nights at work when there is nothing else to distract me. (Work for me is overnights at a psych facility, so yes, that is sitting in low light in a psych facility at ~2a.m. most of the time when I have this opportunity. Not an environment most people have access to.)

Browsing Wikipedia, TV Tropes, or other huge repositories of knowledge randomly also sometimes gets the sparks flying, but also sometimes just makes time fly by getting nothing done.

What works for you?

2. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I like to take a break from working on my game to sit in my driveway and absorb the rays of the sun while I brainstorm.
    On rainy days, my recliner while I work is a great place to get things done. (a hot cup of tea or coffee also helps.)
    The shower of course.
    And the best place for me to get ideas is by playing other games.

Places to avoid when trying to get ideas/work are:
    Youtube. Don't even use youtube for music. Download songs to your computer and listen to them on Itunes or VLC or whatever media player you have. Because what starts as you relaxing to "Bring it on home to me, by Sam Cooke" ends up with you watching a 51 part Lets Play of Medieval 2 Total War and suddenly nothing has gotten done.
    Facebook or any other social media. Because it's a creativity killer.
    Imgur or Reddit or anything that will have you browsing the dankest of memes for hours on end.
    and so on.

Daniel47 likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to General Lounge. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. Daniel47

Daniel47 NightWalker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Either the shower, when I'm alone, or when things are slow. I tend to have an array of ideas flow through during those times. Settling on one is the hard part for me.