peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lately I've been doing quite a bit of research on places where I can publish my game creations(currently for free, considering lack of money made with them xD) in order to get downloads and feedback

So I thought I should ask, what places do you publish your games? Which ones are free, which ones are paid?

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
possible places:

- steam (of course, you'd have to pay for it)
- itch (don't know, if and if how much they charge)

alternatively: rpg-maker / rpg forums ... there are several forums out there, some with dedicated areas for game releases

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
alternatively: rpg-maker / rpg forums ... there are several forums out there, some with dedicated areas for game releases
I don't think that's really a place to "publish" the game. It's a place to advertise your game once completed and published, but (unless you're talking about other forums I'm not familiar with) you can't, for example, host your browser game here.

I suppose you could have a game release thread with a link to a Google Drive download or something, but that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

itch.io is free, according to everything I've read and see in their FAQ.

woootbm

Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

nbgamemaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i tend to use itch.io it's free and while you may not get the exposure as with steam it's pretty good for indie games especially weird smaller ones, and steam is pretty good if you can afford the 100$ fee.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
On my website, which has been around for close to 15 years (22 if you count its previous incarnations).
This website is for paid games only though, but free games can be posted on the forum.

Mcniner

Lord of Ice and Snow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
itch.io is where I post mine, mostly because it is free.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasper1hu