Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone, I thought this would be a great thread to do :)

So, where do you see yourself in five years?

I hopefully see myself having published at least over five games in five years time :) I'd like for my games to be on Steam and I would also love for MiffoShort Games to be a thriving and well known game company :)

Hopefully this will be a reality in five years time :)

What about you guys and girls?

Last edited by a moderator:

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
So, where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope more or less the same, more games released, to still be an actor in the indie business, and if things go really well to have either a published (not self published) novel or rock album  BD   :rock-right:

I hopefully see myself having published at least over five games in five years time  :)  I'd like for my games to be on Steam and I would also love for MiffoShort Games to be a thriving and well known game company  :)
Good luck then  :rock-right:

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hopefully won't stay in Serbia...

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In 5 years I still want to be making games, though I hope the games I make then to be noticeably better than what I have now. I want to look back at the games I'm making now and to see room for improvement. I am also hoping some of my series (Incitement, Atonement, possibly others) to get a bit of a name and a following among gamers.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aye...Ms Littlefish-sama just adopted me...I'll be living with my new master for 5 years.
She probably just wants real cats. Sorry to break the bad news.

Anyway, where do I see myself in 5 years, game dev wise? I don't have too specific goals, though I would hope to have been able to release something commercially by then. I would love to have Slimer out. Mostly I just hope that I've made significant progress in my skills and abilities.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goal? Have 2 games released. I'd like to have 3 done, but I set a timetable of 3 years for the big game, figuring it would be a steep learning curve.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably still procrastinating on an RM project, having scrapped another dozen of them over the years, but still going at it because f*** yeah! I love that hobby.

Oh, and I'll be 41... Really will need to have decided what I will do when I'll be a grown up :)

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Preparing the promotion for the release of RPG Maker 2020 or whatever we are working on then.

(Seriously, if they want to get rid of me, they are going to have to fire me, I love this job).

Clydous

Slowly moseying my way back...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was JUST thinking about making this exact same thread yesterday. Freaky!!

Anyway, five years from now, eh? I can honestly see myself in a new location, being involved somewhere in the music industry, whether it's singing, composing, or teaching. =)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well personally I hope to have my actual life more stable finances, etc...

RM related, I've been working on a couple games with them being commercial in mind and I'd hope by then I could at the least achieve that goal.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Preparing the promotion for the release of RPG Maker 2020 or whatever we are working on then.

(Seriously, if they want to get rid of me, they are going to have to fire me, I love this job).
Or offer to pay you more money to go back to making pretzels. ;)  (It was pretzels, wasn't it?)

T.Bit

Labyrinth Explorer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope to be established as an electrical engineer (since I'll be done with school by 2017). I'd also hope that I'll finish one of my many projects. -_-

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

Is that a threat, Mr. Anderson?

Okay, so one "cat" wants to have a "master." ;)

Moving on, I don't touch that even with a 100 meter pole.

Since I'm retired and getting my pension and stuff like that. I will likely be slacking off rest of my mortal life, sharing my somewhat ignorant wisdom to the world. While trying to have various projects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I cloned an event in MV today.
Just got two custom tracks for my game. Things are shaping up nicely. :)
Remember, life is sh*t. But it will difinitely be less sh*t in the future! Stay happy everyone ^^ ...*continues to die inside*
Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boredguy851