Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Sennie, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

Senpai.

At least you have a job. ;)

2. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

Own a house, found my soul mate, get married and have a beautiful daughter -> in 5 years.

Own a villas in an island -> in 10 years.

CEO of my own company -> in 15 years.

Retired -> in 25 years.

That is my goal. I am greedy type, I never have anything enough. 

3. Amysaurus

Amysaurus Digital Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    5 years, huh.

Ideally, I'll be out of college with my digital animation degree, significantly better at 3D modeling, and have successfully began the dinosaur apocalypse.

Alexander Amnell and nio kasgami like this.
  4. Alistair

Alistair Treasure Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Me in 5 years?

Probably still in school torturing students.

5. IRHP

IRHP Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I try not to think about even the immediate future. It's just too depressing.

Alexander Amnell likes this.
  6. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Five years..? Hmm.. Let's see. I will be working with music almost or 100% fulltime. Hopefully the latter. Living in greater London area in UK instead of Norway. I will have an actual home studio instead of a corner in the living room. And I'll maybe have a kid or two. :D

7. dexter64

dexter64 Veteran Veteran

Ummm... Hopefully I have worked on at least one RPG game, VN game and hopefully a TCG hahaha XD

IRHP and C-C-C-Cashmere like this.
  8. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ill probably have gone insane. Id like to have travled and seen many places, and have explored lots of out of the way natural areas. Hopefully ill be married by than

9. Chester

Chester Meow Kitten Veteran

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Where I see myself in 5 years...

[​IMG]

C-C-C-Cashmere likes this.
  10. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    at least in 5 years, these will be widely accepted as "common lifestyle".

especially with the AR glasses released nowadays.

so probably a few games released in AR? ;)

11. SpaceBot

SpaceBot Demon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will most likely be overseas again, and hopefully have published a game or two. I would really, really love to publish a game. Some online college. 

I would also like to see myself in a higher level of martial arts training and polega, and possibly fluent in Japanese or Korean. 

Maybe cosplay, MAYBE. I think it looks fun, but I have modeled before, and I didn't particularly enjoy all the attitudes, plus I might not have time for cosplay. lol

And, i'd like my hair to be down to my butt again, and hopefully I never impulsively go cutting it off. 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    Sennie likes this.
  12. Sennie

Sennie Demon Slayer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good luck with all of that :)

SpaceBot likes this.
  13. Astel

Astel The (grey) knight with that funny look Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Still alive... i hope B)

14. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'll probably be working a Software Job. My first one starts on Dec 1, although whether it's the same one as the one I'm getting in a month's time, I'm not so sure about. It depends on how much I still like the job at that point, or if I get fired or something. I don't know if I'll still be making games. I don't know if I'll be married. It depends if a girl actually likes me and we hit it off and we start dating or whatever is required, and then if I have the gumption to ask her to be in a long-term relationship with me, and then she says yes. There's a lot of factors involved there that I can't predict.

I'm going to try to get better at making music. Maybe buy a mic, or a couple of speakers, and start producing more seriously? I don't know if that will ever "take off", though. I'd have to have had a major upgrade in skill if that ever were to be likely to happen.

I don't know if I'll keep going to the same church. Maybe. It's a family church, and I love it there, but I honestly don't know what's going to happen in the future. I'll still be very faithful to God, though.

In 5 years, I'll be just turning 29. That's pretty old. But I don't really mind. Even at my current age of 24, I think I've lived life long enough. Don't misconstrue that to say I'm unhappy with life, I'm very happy with certain aspects of my life. I'm not the kind of person to want to travel the world, so I'd rather spend money in the wisest way possible. My plan when I get my first paycheck is to withdraw all the funds in cash, or at least part of it, and lay it out on my bed and pray over it. Pray that my first paycheck will be used wisely and thus the rest of them will be used wisely too. So in the next 5 years I'd hope I'd spend my money wisely. Not solely on foolish things that are just selfish, and for my personal pleasure, but to help others and for the benefit of a greater vision. I think I'm in an especially transitional phase in my life. Things are changing even as I approach the end of this year. I can't even predict how I'll feel once I get a job, which will happen in just over a month. I'm slightly scared but also confident that on the inside my Creator's got it all.

Yeah, that's about it. 5 years kinda scares me, but then again it doesn't. The possibilities are endless, and change can seem freaky, but I think it'll be OK in the end. I know it'll be OK in the end.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    Sennie likes this.
  15. byronclaude

byronclaude Master of all things... (except the things I am no Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In 5 years...   

IDEALLY:  Having cured cancer, ended all wars, and found the secret to immortality, I will feel comfy in my luxurious castle.

REALISTICALLY:  I hope to own a house by then.  (No offense to all you rental landlords out there...  I'm just tired of making you rich  :)  )

I'm sure I will still be fiddling with RPG Maker as well  :D

Sennie and SpaceBot like this.
  16. Sennie

Sennie Demon Slayer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good luck with buying your own house :) And ultra luck for curing cancer, ending all wars, finding immortality and living in a comfy and luxurious castle ;)

byronclaude likes this.
  17. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

How long you've been doing martial art? I have been doing over a year and stopped for some time. I plan to continue next year.

SpaceBot likes this.
  18. SpaceBot

SpaceBot Demon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was doing wing tsun ( wing Chun ) for a few months. I had to quit due to health issues and then I moved to italy and started TKD. I had to quit when I got pregnant. Lol so on and off for a couple years. Now I live right next to a place so I'm going to get back into it. I travel every 3/4 years so it's hard to keep up sometimes.

My husband is a 2nd level black belt in TKD though. I would say I really prefer wing tsun, but it's hard to find good school for it. I learned the traditional way and I prefer it over the modern wing tsun they teach in a lot of schools.

^_^

kaukusaki likes this.
  19. Square_art

Square_art Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    5 years... oh well..I already have reliable and professional guys, that I met here on forum, and with whom I'm working on our 1st commercial project. I hope to be better CEO and better artist, and to have about 3-4 finished projects by that time))

For now on, I just want to finish my part (graphics), then continue working all together, and then go to Kickstarter, hopefully, by the end of January

20. SJWebster

SJWebster Too old for this **** Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To understand where I want to be, I first have to give a brief overview of where I am now:

• I have a full-time entry level Design job,
    • I have four self published comics that I sell at conventions,
    • Despite having access to RPG Maker MV, Unity and other game engines, I have yet to produce a game,
    • I'm engaged to my other half and we have 2 kids,
    • I privately rent the cottage we live in.
    In 5 years' time, I want to be:

• Working a full-time Design job at a higher level and higher salary, minimum £30,000 per annum,
    • Have completed at least 2 indie comic series and taken on work for a major publisher like Boom, Image, Vertigo or Dark Horse (I think Marvel and DC would be in 10 years, not 5),
    • Have self published at least one game through Steam Greenlight.  I currently have ideas for games I could make in Unity and a separate set of ideas for games I could make in RPG Maker MV,
    • To have finally gotten married (each time we put money aside for a wedding, something comes up),
    • To be out of the rental cycle and have a mortgage on a home I can call my own.

SpaceBot likes this.