Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In five years time, hopefully I'll have finished/be near the end of my schooling, have at least one RPGmaker game commercial release (preferably on Steam), and be much closer to achieving my dream job as a designer at Bethesda Softworks.
Your designer job sounds like it would be a lot of fun :) hopefully you'll be able to do it, and make your own RPG Maker game.

I would also like to make my own RPG Maker game very soon.

I wish you all the best of luck with this :)

Matthew.

Celeryman

A little girl in a white dress
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
To have a static flow of cash in my pocket so I can work less and play more. Probably...

...and also to complete a well written game and publishing it.

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where do I see myself in five years?

If life has taught me anything, it is that life is what happens while you're making other plans. However if I had to guess...

1) Living in place # (whatever I am up to at that point).

2) Yelling at the screen as Elder Scrolls 6 or Fallout 5 freezes yet again for some inexplicable reason.

3) Bouncing back & forth between far too many projects, rather like a ferret who snorted Charlie Sheen's entire cocaine stash in one sitting.

4) Picking fights with various people on internet news site comment boards about various social political issues.

5) Picking fights with various people on Youtube comments sections about various social political issues.

6) Beating my head against the metaphorical wall in exasperation with the behavior of humans towards each other & the world at large.

7) Lamenting the frustration inherent to adopting ethical principles that prohibit violence as a means of achieving social change.

8) Cursing the studio executives that bank rolled the latest remake of a remake of a remake of some intellectual property.

9) Drinking far too much caffeine. 

10) Etcetera.

Anything else is anyone's guess.   

Bakuda

The Music Man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I see myself in a decent home raising a family, one or two kids by then.  I also see myself expanding my career as a composer.  If you'd asked me a couple of year ago, I would've hoped to be scoring some indie films or something like that.  But I love game scoring!  When I first started scoring games, I thought it would be a stepping stone to something greater.  Now, I don't want to stop!  What could be greater than writing an amazing game score???

TheAlexG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Probably making and designing games for a living and occupation. Nothing glorious or high life, but just sitting at home, doing what I do, ya know?

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Having released a bunch of (hopefully successful) indie games. Released at least an album with my industrial project (should happen this year), still with my lovely wife and children.

And having released my Doom megawad (would be about time).

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I thought this would be a great thread to do :)

So, where do you see yourself in five years?

I hopefully see myself having published at least over five games in five years time :) I'd like for my games to be on Steam and I would also love for MiffoShort Games to be a thriving and well known game company :)

Hopefully this will be a reality in five years time :)

What about you guys and girls?

Goodluck to you! I wish you the best in your endeavors :)

I see myself publishing at least 3 games within the next 5 years and getting my brand name out there! I also plan on having my own small indie dev team :)

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
i hope i would be in a peace period in my country *there is a war atm >.>*

i would have made a series of games that everyone loves, except those 300 haters that hate on everything in existance!!!

and hopefully achieved more and crossed off stuff on my to do in life list

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im 34 :) and i live at home and right now im working on getting into the local police academy ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:

Kmany

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Judging my future based on my past..

I will probably be sitting by my computer thinking that I am just about to make a major breakthrough and make some real money...

I will just be a bit older, and girls will notice me a bit less..

I hope I am not being too optimistic.

SilverTrisme

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most likely still in school, still studying CS. Hopefully, though, in Germany. I would love to see the country.

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
From the world of tomorrow, April 3, 2021...

-Hoping to still be happy and fit

-I'll probably be up to something with RPG Maker, considering I've already been doing this for almost 18 years. Maybe a second version with Primrose Engine (V2?). Guessing it would either be Dragon Kingdoms VIII releasing or Celestia: A Starfallen Tale, at least by then.

-A place of my own, perhaps with a significant other.

-Inspired by the dinosaur apocalypse @Amysaurus, start an apocalypse of my own with genetically modified/cyborg (it would be the 2020s) giant humanoids that would go to every forest in the world, looking like they're hiding behind a bush from photos taken of them. It's a treetop, dammit! 

But who knows what the future really holds?

Srpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
In the next 5yrs, I'll hopefully have released 2 more successful Rpg Maker games to secure some money and my next step would be to shift to Unity and get to the next level of game development unless Rpg Maker evolve more into a more professional software. MV is already a step forward, but developers who have bigger aspiration need more flexibility and more options that what it offers now. Currently MV's UI is already ugly as hell, so it already gives you the bad impression and reinforces the idea that lazy developers use Rpg Maker to make games.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hopefully? Watching my daughter become more successful than I've ever been.

Lizard19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ideally in 5 years I'd be in Tokyo running my own game company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeyaComic