chopzie69

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Everyone,

So, I only just started using RPG Maker VX Ace. Used to be a pro on RPG Maker 2003. But my favourite thing to do in RPG Maker 2003 has since been removed from RPG Maker VX Ace and I was wondering if there was some backdoor way to still do it.

I used to spend hours developing rich towns before I even started the adventure. I'd use a parallel process event to activate a 24:00 timer and whenever it hit 00:00, I'd set it back to 24:00 and +1 to "day" variable. If it reached 4+ "day" variable and it hit 00:00, I'd set it to +1 "season" and 1 "day", and if it hit 5+ "season", I'd set it to +1 "year" and 1 "season". As these variables accrued, the town would change and people would age, marry, die, be born, grow up, work etc. The time of day would change the lighting, and the seasons would change tileset, and people would go away to other towns in certain years, and they'd sleep, and the character could work jobs or throw house parties etc. Also, as an almost extra quest, the character could purchase time-travel devices, and would also die of old age and continue on in heaven on hell--depending on how good or bad he was when he died.

But this option is now impossible to do because there is no "if timer is below xx:xx" in the left panel of the immediate event screen (right-click event). I know there is a conditional branch that can change what happens in the event, but I need more than that; I need to be able to say "if timer is below 15:00" and give the event a graphic, and then after that make a new event page and say "if timer is below 08:00" and delete the graphic so that the event no longer exists, implying its gone to sleep or something.

Is there a way I can still do this in VX Ace?

Cheers,

Chopzie69

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need an additional variable "hour", then you can condition event pages on that variable.

And the variables would be set by a common event on parallel prozess checking the time.

There are also several "time"-scripts available that set everything up with scripts (which means less lag), check the master script list for those.

(you can look at the tutorial in my signature, one of the links there is for the master script list)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For some reason, I found this is kinda stylist
ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.
Rough week, but in the end there's light in the darkness.
Mental health is an issue I wish was taken more seriously.
Take care.
1638421271905.jpeg
By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaGaming