Where i can found "Curve" roof tiles, like the barns and gymnasium ones

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!, i'm looking for hm... "curve" roofs? i don't know how to call it, but is that type of roof that is common in american barns, in my country it is common in gymnasiums, and also in military bases, here some references for what i am looking for:
1607083161510.png
1607083427950.png1607083569371.png
I'm almost sure that i've already saw some kind of tile that matches this, but i don't remember where i saw, so this is why i'm making the thread

Last edited:

AloneForLong

Seksy Catgirl
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, yeah, this is neat! I'm sure a realistic curved roof would probably require a plugin, but I don't know JavaScript (I use VX Ace), so I'm probably not ideal for this :kaoswt2:
I think if you wanted realistic curved roofs using tilesets, you might need a segmented tileset that has different angles of curves on different tiles (combine three or so curve tiles and you'd get a convincing curved surface).

I'm not sure how to really explain what I mean by segmented tiles, I'll have to make an image to show :kaosigh:

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, yeah, this is neat! I'm sure a realistic curved roof would probably require a plugin, but I don't know JavaScript (I use VX Ace), so I'm probably not ideal for this :kaoswt2:
I think if you wanted realistic curved roofs using tilesets, you might need a segmented tileset that has different angles of curves on different tiles (combine three or so curve tiles and you'd get a convincing curved surface).

I'm not sure how to really explain what I mean by segmented tiles, I'll have to make an image to show :kaosigh:
I think i know what are you talking, but i'm almost sure that i've already saw some tile topic that already had this, and it was like hoping someone have the link, but thanks, i know what is segment tiles

Dutchmountain

engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CardeMaker : Here is a simple black& white example I created to show it can be done for RPGM, no plugins are required. (This example is for MV dimensions).

Curved_Roof_example.png

Last edited:

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CardeMaker : Here is a simple black& white example I created to show it can be done for RPGM, no plugins are required. (This example is for MV dimensions).

Thank you!, can i use you example as a base? i'm sorry for not seeing this on the day, i'm only seeing it today

Dutchmountain

engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CardeMaker : Sure, use it however you like it, it was just an example a bit based on your first example photo you sent. (With some other roof textures it is possible too but can be hard to make).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FLXYM