RM2k/3 Where the Moon Goes at Night (Demo available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

16bitking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I managed to play the demo today.

It’s got an Undertale vibe to it. More so than Earthbound, I would say. The gameplay is good in the sense that you are rewarded with exploration and I liked the different skills you can use in battle.

I thought graphically it was good. My only issue is that with the character sprites—when you move up or down it kinda looks like he’s floating? There’s probably another walking frame you could include that makes it more seamless.

Also, the story—you just wake up in this place with no explanation. I’m not sure who the character is or even that he was sleeping in the train (I got this information from the reading blurb in your post). You can probably do a better job of explaining this stuff at the beginning. There doesn’t have to be a reason for why he’s in this island, but it should be obvious that where he lands is not his every day world. I know the island he ends up in is strange and weird but how am I supposed to know that’s not his every day experience?
Thank you for your feedback!
I'll be getting to work fixing your complaints soon.

Eric_SD-RPG-Studio

Writer - Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
N/A
"Where the Moon goes at night" probably 1 of the coolest game titles out of any title I can remember, and I used to play tons of games. It's poetic and unique, easy to remember and provoke curiosity.

BitBrosGames

*Keeps ruminating*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Finally got around to play the current demo. And it was really good. :)
I've sent you a PM with some issues.

16bitking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm ecstatic to announce the game will be released very soon, at the latest, December of 2019!
Stay tuned for more updates and a full release coming very soon!

16bitking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm ecstatic to announce the game will be released very soon, at the latest, December of 2019!
Stay tuned for more updates and a full release coming very soon!
I've underestimated myself yet again. The game is now completely finished (outside some custom music and other outsourced things I'm still waiting on), and I'll be releasing it in the coming weeks.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think I am missing something very basic, but I am unable to access the skills in battle. I can see them in the menu, but I cannot select skills from the fight commands menu on the right. I can see the tip of a black arrow style cursor under the Escape command, but I'm unable to move it to select.

Last edited:

16bitking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I think I am missing something very basic, but I am unable to access the skills in battle. I can see them in the menu, but I cannot select skills from the fight commands menu on the right. I can see the tip of a black arrow style cursor under the Escape command, but I'm unable to move it to select.
Maybe it's a lack of MP for the skills? I've never encountered this bug before.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've done more experimenting - I can now get the 'Attack' option highlighted (well, dark brown) but it won't move down to skills, so I get hammered. It's not a lack of MP as I've not been able to use a skill, so no MP has been used up.

I think it might be best to redownload in case something got corrupted.

16bitking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I've done more experimenting - I can now get the 'Attack' option highlighted (well, dark brown) but it won't move down to skills, so I get hammered. It's not a lack of MP as I've not been able to use a skill, so no MP has been used up.

I think it might be best to redownload in case something got corrupted.
That's pretty strange... I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that happening.
But, I'd suggest you wait if you wanna try the game. The full release is coming very soon.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll think I'll do that.

16bitking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
One final finishing touch before release:
An easy difficulty setting has been added to the game, which allows save points to function similarly to how the did in OFF, fully restoring player HP and SP. This will change the appearance of your save file, however, giving Shiba a bow ala I Wanna Be The Guy.
upload_2019-11-2_14-13-28.png

16bitking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
upload_2019-11-7_0-50-47.png
Releasing Friday, November 8th 2019.

Big thanks to fellow forums user "Ego" for creating most of the game's custom music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com