Where to find the pointy roof?

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
In the screenie picture of Rural Farm Resource Pack (which can be found HERE), there are some buildings that use pointy roof. I would like to know where to find the pointy roof. I have searched inside the tilesets folder and found none of the sort. Is it perhaps parallaxed? 

Thank you very much, hope it is the right place to ask about this. 

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It is parallaxed, but you should have the resources. If you haven't messed with the file structure they should be in the folder 'RuralFarmTile_GFX\extra\parallax mapping extras' you should have have 12 image files in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

sapiboong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
It is parallaxed, but you should have the resources. If you haven't messed with the file structure they should be in the folder 'RuralFarmTile_GFX\extra\parallax mapping extras' you should have have 12 image files in there.
Oh, right. How could I miss that! Thank you :)

What about the little pointy roof + window on top of the brown rooftop? (the house on the right part of the map). Couldn't find it anywhere too, or maybe my eyes are just that bad. 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This might not be how you're intended to do it, but if you look at Tile Exterior 1, near the bottom, you will see a very small brown roof with a bit of white wall.  Just take the front part of that image and put a window on it, and you what you're looking for.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, right. How could I miss that! Thank you :)

What about the little pointy roof + window on top of the brown rooftop? (the house on the right part of the map). Couldn't find it anywhere too, or maybe my eyes are just that bad.
It doesn't exist as a single tile. It's a combination of the pointy rooftop (but slimmed down, basically you erase a bunch of the sides and the height), a small piece of one of the autotile walls, and a window stuck on it.

Those maps are made with parallax mapping, a technique where you create maps in another program such as Photoshop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FTWStorm