Where to find VXAce RTP maps?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I'm really sorry if this doesn't go here. I know it says RPG Maker MV Tutorials and my question is about VXAce, but hear me out, please.

I'm trying to learn how to better create maps, and one of the ways I've been trying to do that is by recreating the VXAce maps in MV. (I also want to make a few references to VX Ace in some of my projects, so I also eventually want to know what they look like either way.) The problem is this: even though I bought VX Ace, I have a Mac, and I bought it on Steam. So because VX Ace doesn't work on Mac, even though I bought it, I can't use it and see what the whole maps look like. And I'm fairly certain that my computer doesn't have enough data left to store Boot Camp, so that's not much of an option for me either.

As a workaround, I've been playing It's Our Revolution, which uses a lot of the RTP stuff, and physically counting the height and width of each map. The issue with that, however, is that I literally can't reach some of the areas, so I can't see what the whole thing looks like.

When I search up VX Ace RTP maps, all I get are tutorials on how to make maps, which, while certainly helpful for one of my plights, is not for the other. Is there any place I can go to find what the maps look like? The reason I'm asking in this forum instead of the VX Ace forum is because people who go there most likely can actually use VX Ace. Given that MV is designed for PC and Mac, my hope is that someone here has had a similar issue and knows how I can see what these maps look like without needing to open the game. (If there's a better place for this thread to go, I'm all for it.)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tutorials' is where people who have made a tutorial for others to use can post them.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

If I have understood correctly, you want to be able to open up the sample maps that come with Ace. However, because of the way the engines are coded, you can only do that in Ace itself, not in any other version of the engine. I am doubtful myself that a workround which covers that as well as the PC/Mac problem exists. However, perhaps someone has come up with a cunning wheeze that I've not heard about.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, thank you for moving the thread.

If there is no way for me to open up the sample maps on Mac, do you know if anyone's made screenshots of the sample maps?

dreamfall887

Diva. Detective. Determined.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

stickyka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Umm, I just checked my installation folder for VXA and looks like it has png files for the sample maps in there. I understand you can't run vxa, but can you not install it, either? Maybe I'm missing part of the problem...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't do it at the moment, but the best way to get those maps to you would require someone who owns both Ace and MV to create a project with the maps and transfer it to MV.

MV includes a single Ace-script that can convert an Ace project into MV-readable files. These are the steps that would need to be made:

1) create a new Ace project on a windows computer.
2) load all sample maps into the project
3) copy the conversion script into Ace script editor
4) run a playtest to have the script create an MV output
5) copy the MV-Output with or without all RTP tileset pictures into an archive
6) move that archive to a MacOS computer with RMMV installed
7) open the project in MV

One additional comment about the RTP:
All MV RTP-Tilesets are content-wise identical to the Ace RTP tilesets, just redone in a better resolution.
If you copy the maps without the Ace-Tilesets they will work in MV without a problem, but use the MV style Tileset.
If you want to see them with Ace-Style tileset you'll need to resize the Ace tilesheets by 150% and then have them overwrite the MV tilesheets. The resize will add a blur to the tiles, so the quality will be lesser.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
can you not install it
VXA is a windows pc software.
This is the maps with almost nothing else. 200mb for the project and 500+mb for the entire package for Mac.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.
Realized a tad too late that lighting scripts are the main culprit in performance nosedive. Guess the flashlight had to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ogeluj