Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use Google. You can't search for Rmmv images, because it will not find anything. Although if you don't need it immediately, maybe you can postpone it.

Vayne88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use Google. You can't search for Rmmv images, because it will not find anything. Although if you don't need it immediately, maybe you can postpone it.
How to know the image is free to use or not?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your question is not clear. Do you mean free in the sense that you don't have to pay for it? If you can download it without going through a checkout, then it's free. If you mean free to use in particular types of games (e.g. commercial) you read the terms that will be posted on the site which has the image. If no terms are posted, then you have no direct permission to use it at all, and especially you have no permission to use it in a commercial game.

Vayne88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your question is not clear. Do you mean free in the sense that you don't have to pay for it? If you can download it without going through a checkout, then it's free. If you mean free to use in particular types of games (e.g. commercial) you read the terms that will be posted on the site which has the image. If no terms are posted, then you have no direct permission to use it at all, and especially you have no permission to use it in a commercial game.
Well, if i want to pick it from google image search. Sometime its not clear if its free tp use or not

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's not clear, don't use it. You can only tell by selecting the image in Google search and go to the web page (you are always given the option to do that). You will find any terms there. There is no way you can tell if it's free just by looking at the image itself. You will have to make the effort to do that extra couple of clicks.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same with music and any other resources.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are sites that have pictures for free use, including for commercial use.
https://pixabay.com/
(In the "Illustrations" category or "Vector" you can find very nice things for games)
another site:
http://www.freeimages.com/

Read the site's license agreement for specific details. ^^b

You can also look at the Classifieds forum section here, if you want to pay an artist to make you a title screen image.

Or you can post a request in this thread, but there's no guarantee someone can make you an image for free or help you find it.
But you can try.
If so, you must give more details. What image do you want specifically, what should be on it? What art style are you looking for?
A picture or a drawing? Colour or black and white?
The more details, the better.^^

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There are a few background images made for VN's that work really well for RM stuff as well. Some of the free ones have engine requirements but most don't and I don't know of any that require you to make a VN with it. You can find some nice stuff over at the Lemmasoft forums, and there's all sorts of good gaming art over at Open Game Art.

Heindal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try https://opengameart.org/. There you can find many images, also background images that I've used for my games and tutorials. Each picture shows the licence and the condition under which they can be used. Creative Common By usually allows you to use the pictures for private and commercial use, as long as you credit the owner. To avoid problems you should always credit the author and make a link to the source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This little brat (my nephew) just invent a new way of enjoying his orange juice by pouring it inside of used perfume bottle and sprayed it to his mouth...
Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that
My new level features a Jellyfish character who cannot love, because he electrocutes everything he touches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackosmiles