Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have a wealth of information on this, but I see some suggestions popping up in the other thread, and I think it'd be great to have a go-to list for resources.

So if you have suggestions, please post them here, and I'll turn this into a master list.

DeviantArt seems a good place to find people to do pixel art and faces. Prices might vary greatly (depending on the person's skills and experience), but I've seen some really nice ones for low prices.

regendo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You could just make a thread in the "Resource Request" subforum, but don't forget to include that you'll use it for commercial purposes.

Or if you find some resources online that you'd like to use, just ask the author if you may use them in your commercial project, and what they'd like in return. There are a lot of talented people out there who don't even want money, I for example would most likely allow you to use any of my scripts in a commercial project if you asked first and I'd get both a mention in the credits and a free copy of the game.

Usagi

Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This website? I'm pretty sure some people like Celianna, Jalen, etc. do commissions?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Lunarea said on another topic that she and Celianna don't do commissions.

Usagi

Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, well I know of Jalen.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, sorry, I'm not making myself clear. I am not after resources for MY project. I am creating a list so ANYONE making a commercial game has an easier time finding things. So I'm specifically after off-site links.

If anyone here DOES take commissions, please do add your details and I'll make sure those are included (please do not volunteer other people - get them to come and post themselves so we can be sure they are currently available).

I'm pretty sure you can use the Mack tiles in commercial games.

Jalen told me a week or so ago that she's not taking commissions at the moment (or maybe it was just mine that she wasn't taking :D )

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Of course, I have to plug is the official store. :D It's still small, but we are hoping to eventually have a great big variety of things to choose from - at a pretty affordable price. While the resources won't be completely custom-tailored to your project, they will make a great base to work with. :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of these can be used in commercial projects Luna?

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I assume so since you're buying them from the official store.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Yep! The license allows commercial and non-commercial use in RPG Maker (so, yes, you do get the Modern set that's currently there for just 6.99$, for example). Some resources (Kain's Nothing Battles album) also allows commercial/noncommercial use in other software. The tiles have a special license for use outside of RPG Maker. :)

Also, forgot to add ... Member+ participants get access to free resources created by our wonderful staff. Said resources can also be used in commercial games.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also thought about this topic. Here is a list.

I read Closet's terms of service. It reads like you can freely use the resources for commercial games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://eurs.blog65.fc2.com/

This is Enterbrain's resource blog. It was made after they stopped making additional VX resources. http://lucifer.raind...mpire/tkool.htm

This is the original blog. http://www.famitsu.c...12/rpgvx_2.html

This is another site. I am not sure what its' terms of service is. It is not very clear. Maybe someone on this board will know.

http://cport.web.fc2.com/material.htm

Division Heaven allows user to freely use material in commercial games. Credit is required. http://divisionheaven.wordpress.com/

The VX generator for members who do not own ACE. http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index1.html

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/index.php -- You can use FSM in commercial games, the License Agreement is on this page: http://www.tekepon.n...modules/refmap/ .

Basically, if you use it in RM, you have to own the program and it's all right.

Make sure if you post links, you also post the License Agreements or a link to them. That is super helpful especially on Japanese sites where it get muddled. I actually have a nice list of sites that when I can get to the list, I'll hand out some more links. FSM is the only one I know of off hand.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for all the links, folks :) Keep 'em coming!

Aaron Krogh has a very nice music pack that he's offered here, free for commercial use.

Jalen

The Green Goatee Gal
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Jalen told me a week or so ago that she's not taking commissions at the moment (or maybe it was just mine that she wasn't taking :D )
Haha no, it's not just you, don't worry about that! I need time to get some things in my life organized, and I know better than to try to do art for other people when I'm feeling so bleh. OTL

So I'm not taking commissions at the moment, but I think I will in the future. uwu;

Anyway, this is a really great topic idea, Shaz! I hope you can get an awesome list going ;w;b

Genii Benedict

Supervillain, Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This may be a crossover request between "Site Recommendations" and "Resources for Commercial Games", but I'm sure that this site could benefit from an "Artist's Corner". Something different from the forums, which would give a bit of a 'resume', discus the costs, and possibly even an availability of the artist's time... I'm just throwing things out here, but having some type of resource like this could help newbies and regulars alike learn and recognize who can get them what they need, whether it's art provided in audio or visual form...

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Artists who are available and able to take commissions can make a thread in the Classifieds (if they're looking for paid work) or Project Recruitment (if they're looking for free work). :)

Genii Benedict

Supervillain, Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Artists who are available and able to take commissions can make a thread in the Classifieds (if they're looking for paid work) or Project Recruitment (if they're looking for free work). :)
I agree, and I enjoy both sections. But, sometimes, you just want something more than a standard forum offering provides. I've worked with mods for forum software such as phpBB and vBulletin that allows for this type of thing. Threads get lost - easily even. I'm talking more of a directory that could be accessible so you could search for active artists. It's not impossible to envision, nor create. It just takes the right people to agree with the vision.

GB

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At current size I don't think threads are going to get lost in the classified section.

TDS

- T D S -
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm not taking commissions at the moment, but I think I will in the future. uwu;
I think my list of artists to commission has turned into a death note for art...

As for commissions, I think a few warning topics are needed in order to educate people before commissioning, since there are people taking advantage of the fact that not everyone is a programmer to charge exorbitant prices for very simple scripts.

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
here's my suggestion: make them yourself :wub: :evil:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberliaDraw