Where to get resources for commercial games

demmozero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most resources from japanese sites is free to use however you want as long as you give credit.

tpasmall

The Mauve Avenger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thalzon's unbelievable supply of battlers are free for commercial use, just make sure you credit (and thank!) him.

Most of my little edits and stuff are free for commercial use as well (if they're original or enterbrain edits, the other resources are not). Just let me see your game first if you're planning on selling it. (I mostly want to keep my stuff confined to people in the community if they're going commercial).

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It isn't free, but a list for commercial resources wouldn't be complete without mentioning DAZ3d: www.daz3d.com

Their rendering software packages are free (at least for now), so all you have to pay for are the 3D models you want to use. The software lets you make a scene, pose the models, etc... then makes 2D renders of the scene that you would be able to use in your projects.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thalzon's unbelievable supply of battlers are free for commercial use, just make sure you credit (and thank!) him.

Most of my little edits and stuff are free for commercial use as well (if they're original or enterbrain edits, the other resources are not). Just let me see your game first if you're planning on selling it. (I mostly want to keep my stuff confined to people in the community if they're going commercial).
Hi! Do you have a link to your resources?

Thanks

tpasmall

The Mauve Avenger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, it's "Tpasmall's Editorium" in my sig.

gruberik

Vein of Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is ther

I don't have a wealth of information on this, but I see some suggestions popping up in the other thread, and I think it'd be great to have a go-to list for resources.

So if you have suggestions, please post them here, and I'll turn this into a master list.

DeviantArt seems a good place to find people to do pixel art and faces. Prices might vary greatly (depending on the person's skills and experience), but I've seen some really nice ones for low prices.
Have you successfully commissioned art from deviantart? What is the process?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Have you successfully commissioned art from deviantart? What is the process?
Just send the artist an email and negotiate.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, make sure they're open for commissions, then let them know what you're after and when you need it by. If they're interested and available, they'll give you a quote, probably after getting more details from you, and you go from there.

The artist who's doing my character portraits, I found on DeviantArt.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi there! Do you actively use your Itch.io account? How do you use it?
When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.
Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GladeField