Where to post info on crowdfunding of completed games?

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by ThomasBellissimo, Aug 16, 2019.

1. ThomasBellissimo

ThomasBellissimo Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi folks,

I’ve recently completed a commercial game and am looking to run a Kickstarter for it come September 1st. I’ve created a website landing page to draw interest in the Kickstarter and to help develop a mailing list. I’d like to promote the game, website, and Kickstarter but it doesn’t seem to fit in any of the other forum threads. Is there a place where I can do this that isn’t against the rules?

Thank you.

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We removed our crowdfunding section recently with a rework of the forums. It was a rarely used section and when it was used, it was causing a lot of drama. It wasn’t worth the hassle of keeping.

3. ThomasBellissimo

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yes, I did read about that being removed. Is there an alternative place to post something like this? I’m not currently selling the game now so it doesn’t quite fit in the commercial games thread but I’m also no looking for feedback because the game is finished so it doesn’t quite fit in the games in development thread.

JosephSeraph likes this.
  4. ThomasBellissimo

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    On rereading the games in development rules I think that actually might be the correct place to post it. Thanks.