Where's a good place to post my game when I finish it?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Context:
This is my first game ever that I've spent about 1.5 years making on/off now. (The idea for the game came on a whim).
As of yesterday, I finished the last few bits of my game, and now I'm just going over everything and doing touchups, etc. Shouldn't take long since I've been polishing a lot of things the past few months.

I think it is pretty much on the verge of ready for completion, but I want to know where a good "starting" point is once it comes to Deployment.

Any suggestions/tips?
FYI: (I don't plan on making profit, and the game will be free to play.)

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like Itch.io but Steam is popular too.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree that https://itch.io/ is a good choice for free games - it's pretty easy to set up a website and upload your game there. Steam might be good if you want more people to play your game, but it costs US$100, requires a number of graphical assets for your store page, and is more fiddly in general when it comes to uploading.

ShiraCheshire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ll second itch.io. Simple to use, fair for creators, flexible pricing/free/donation options, and people won’t have any expectation of your game being huge or offering a million hours playtime.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on
Doing RPG Maker News for this week. (January 14th - 20th, 2022)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
000dsdsc